• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner facelift

I almost purchased a direct replacement car, numbers matching 383/4 speed 69 RR, hard top, air grabber, everything the same as this one except for the color.

But then the light bulb came on.....

I've been dreaming of opening my own hot rod shop for over 20 years. Never had the money or the courage to do it. (they go hand in hand, the less money you have, the more courage it takes, lol)

I decided to hold off on replacing this car, instead I am investing fully into my dream. We hope to break ground this week on my new 3000 sq ft garage that will be stuffed with the tools and equipment of my choosing, all geared around classic/custom car work.

I am sacrificing my classic car ownership in trade for my classic car business. I hope to rebound back into classic car ownership soon. I don't know what it will be yet, but I have been bitten badly by the B-body mopar bug, so I will be looking for another.

For now, I may have to select one of the relics from my row of junkers, do a budget build just so me and mama have something to roll into town with for an ice cream cone at the local drive in.

I'm pretty much at the point of flipping a coin between a 54 chev 2 door 210 delray with a 235/3 spd.... and a 51 ford custom model 2 door with a 239 flatty V8

Both are sitting in my "junk row" lineup, waiting for resurrection.

On page 22 where you replaced the Drivers side floor pan..Where did you buy that piece! Been looking forever for a half floor pan for the front that actually goes up to the seam.

My knee jerk answer would be AMD. But I believe it was a bare metal piece? I bet I may have ordered through autobody specialties, or possibly through browns of two rivers. I'll think about it this morning, see if I can remember.

My knee jerk answer would be AMD. But I believe it was a bare metal piece? I bet I may have ordered through autobody specialties, or possibly through browns of two rivers. I'll think about it this morning, see if I can remember.
Yeah the bare metal ones. Those are perfect for what I need. Been delaying buying amd full front ones because I don't want to cut them 1/3 of the way and waste the extra $200 I could save

They may have been Sherman.

This might sound silly, but go to rockauto dot com website and you can find the bare metal floor pan sections there for about 75 bucks. They are the Sherman brand

Auto Transport Service
Back