• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 ROAD RUNNER ROADRUNNER OPTIONS could you get bucket seats and column shift auto?

scatpack1969

Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
does anyone know if you could get a 1969 plymouth road runner with bucket seats and a column shift 727 automatic?? im missing the bench seat and thinking about buckets, im also wondering if the door panels are the same with a bench or bucket interior? thanks :santa::HappyNewYear:

Yes you could. Console were optional and without one you got a column shift if you ordered a torqueflite.

thanks guys i just bought two buckets from a 68 coronet 500 maybe i will look for a budy seat, was the buddy seat optional also merry x mas all,

As far as I know think they came with the buckets when you got a column shift, ....The buddy seat should be an easy find , if you have any problems finding one let me know, I know where several nice ones are.

:santa::edgy:Thanks again 69HEMICORONETR/TCONV, let me know how much ,

Here is the way it was.

Bucket seats were an option. When you ordered them you got an upgraded interior package which included different door panels. There was nothing between the seats.
When you ordered an auto trans you got it on the column.
If you ordered a console with the auto trans, the shifter automatically got moved to the floor.
The buddy seat was NOT part of the bucket seat interior, it was a seperate, stand alone option AVAILABLE with the bucket seats.

If you are looking for a buddy seat make sure you find one with the floor brackets. The seats are pretty easy to find but the brackets typically ended up straying in the car and are hard to find. They are not repoed as far as I know.

Here is the way it was.

Bucket seats were an option. When you ordered them you got an upgraded interior package which included different door panels. There was nothing between the seats.
When you ordered an auto trans you got it on the column.
If you ordered a console with the auto trans, the shifter automatically got moved to the floor.
The buddy seat was NOT part of the bucket seat interior, it was a seperate, stand alone option AVAILABLE with the bucket seats.

If you are looking for a buddy seat make sure you find one with the floor brackets. The seats are pretty easy to find but the brackets typically ended up straying in the car and are hard to find. They are not repoed as far as I know.

Now, we know for sure...........I will check on the ones I told you about and see what they want for them and will make sure brackets are included.

Add to that you could have buckets and a 4 speed without a console.

Also if you are looking to be correct, head rests were a option untill they were mandatory by federal law. So cars with SPD's 1/1/69 and later should have had head rests.

Auto Transport Service
Back