• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner

Is it me, or do those look like regular rivets?

img_1416-jpg.jpg

IMHO, "Code 96" is my fav color! I just missed out on a Bahama Runner a couple years back to be stable mates with my Butterscotch Bee. Cool find!

IMHO, "Code 96" is my fav color! I just missed out on a Bahama Runner a couple years back to be stable mates with my Butterscotch Bee. Cool find!
My favorite too. I've got a Bahama 69 runner... but I have two words.......

Part out.

Stolen from FB ,
But who knows
Maybe someday it can,
Look as good as his.
I will just keep Dreaming,
Living & Lovin Mopar
Hawaiian Style

FB_IMG_1635803145427.jpg FB_IMG_1635803138126.jpg FB_IMG_1635803140313.jpg FB_IMG_1635803142599.jpg FB_IMG_1635803133059.jpg

Frame rails are reproduced and can be bought through AMD. They may not be as bad as you think. See you have good skill's and think you can handle the build. Had to make some parts in the inner frame at the back window. Bought a bead roller form east wood and made my own part's. Good luck and when you get into the project keep us posted. :thumbsup:

It's not really that bad, I have fixed worse !
You should have seen my 68 Formula S notchback
383 4speed!

657670494.jpg 657671337.jpg 657671595.jpg 657671645.jpg 657671614.jpg

Look's like it need's a whole lot. But if you get at it may be able to make a car out of it again. Lot of guy's have started with less. :thumbsup:

If you can handle the load save it ! Use as much oem as possible from a donor and when you get it done... it will be worth every penny to you. Just remember your not in it for the money! If you need help I think most of us would move in for labor! We don’t eat much , drinking, maybe a little excessive but hey we can keep it interesting for ya! Best of luck, if you need inspiration go for a ride in someone else’s mopar from time to time it helps! Pretty neat car! You did score !

I have the car on file one VIN before this. Did the fender tag survive?

I have the car on file one VIN before this. Did the fender tag survive?
The car has changed hands 4 times in the past 10years. 3 owners ago he took it off to save it but i has been misplaced. hopefully he will find it. I asked him to be on the lookout for it . So I can do a proper restoration . I was hoping for a way to track down all the right info ? Is their another way ? Trim ? Interior color ? etc. etc. ?

Last edited:
Aloha, I am in dire need of a bellhousing and flywheel for my 69 Roadrunner 383 4 speed ! trying to be period correct with parts but not to big of a deal if its an off year. Please let me know what out there. Mahalo C
Ps , I also need a pistol grip console shifter

If you want to keep the car original you don't want to put a pistol grip shifter in it.
My Bad, I was told it had one in it ! I am trying to go Original ! I also thought pistol grip came out in 70. but I thought i might have been mistaken ! Mahalo
Guess this is what i need instead !

OIP.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha, I am in dire need of a bellhousing and flywheel for my 69 Roadrunner 383 4 speed ! trying to be period correct with parts but not to big of a deal if its an off year. Please let me know what out there. Mahalo C
Ps , I also need a pistol grip console shifter

You need to determine if your engine has forged crank (original for '69) or a cast crank to buy the right flywheel,,,,

You need to determine if your engine has forged crank (original for '69) or a cast crank to buy the right flywheel,,,,
I thought all 383s had forged cranks ! I never heard of a cast 383 crank ? It has the forged crank in block !

Me? I would pass. Unless it was an A12 or Hemi? (Then it would be your Mopar Civil duty.) Or if you have history with that car? You will most certainly be well underwater on the build. From just the added parts expenses for an island build.

Sometimes the brain and wallet needs to trump the heart's voice.

JMO.

Yes in 69 all 383's had forged cranks, in 71 (I think) They went to a cast crank, I was just stating to never assume your 52 year old car has original equipment, Check Brewers for proper flywheel for your forged crank.

My Bad, I was told it had one in it ! I am trying to go Original ! I also thought pistol grip came out in 70. but I thought i might have been mistaken ! Mahalo
Guess this is what i need instead !

View attachment 1191686
Do you have the original one. Had to get mine from Tony's mopar parts. Those are not reproduced. It was in pretty bad shape but had it chromed by a local chrome shop. It turned out nice.

Auto Transport Service
Back