• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner 383 radiator.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
OK I assumed the radiator was correct for the car until I ran the numbers. Turns out its a C body radiator for a 66. Sad thing is it doesn't leak and I just bought the shroud for the roadrunner. I found a radiator on Summits site. Which is a Spectra Premium at 179.00 Says its for the 69rr with a 383. The part number for it is CU332. Basically I just want to know if anyone else has used one with the factory shroud.

Here is a link to the part. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sgt-cu332/overview/year/1969/make/plymouth/model/roadrunner

They did not come with a shroud and it would up to you to use it though....I don't know how correct you want to be?

OK I assumed the radiator was correct for the car until I ran the numbers. Turns out its a C body radiator for a 66. Sad thing is it doesn't leak and I just bought the shroud for the roadrunner. I found a radiator on Summits site. Which is a Spectra Premium at 179.00 Says its for the 69rr with a 383. The part number for it is CU332. Basically I just want to know if anyone else has used one with the factory shroud.

Here is a link to the part. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sgt-cu332/overview/year/1969/make/plymouth/model/roadrunner
I use a 66 C body 26" radiator in my 69 RR.
# 2582962 with a corresponding shroud # 2785435.
Bought the radiator @ Carlisle for $65, new recore. Couldn't pass it up, brand new shroud for $45. Placement is dead on, but did require some MINOR clearance trimming. Better than a high dollar replacement repro, or cheapo generic, side by side it's hard to tell from the big $ original ones. It works fantastic, uses original (replacement) hoses, and if you don't know #s, one would never know.
I can post some pics if you'd like tomorrow.

So the 69 roadrunner didn't come with a shroud? I'm not going for correct as much as I am going for a working setup. Problem I had was the clutch for the fan was worn out and wobbly. So I ordered a replacement clutch. It came and was too far forward and would hit the radiator. I measured the old clutch and its like 2.25 total length from pulley to the face. The new one I bought was 3.5 inches long. So it wouldn't fit. I did read about a Hayden clutch for a jag fitting these cars. But I have already paid 150 damn dollars for the damn shroud. So I was hoping to just go close to OE so i wouldn't have to "rig it to work". I have ordered 3 different fan clutch's and im tired of taking them back. So close to OE as possible would be awesome. Forgot to mention I have a 7 blade fan which I believe is correct Heavy Duty for the big block cars.

The clutch i found out on another site is Hayden Automotive 2765 I can use this to replace the bad one.

Last edited:
That Summit rad has the wrong top tank if appearance matters.

I have decided to keep the radiator I have it works. I will order a new short fan clutch. and try and find that shroud mentioned above. So I am selling the Mopar shroud I have. I have 160.00 in it. I will sell it for that. Brand new never modded or installed. Part number is here https://www.summitracing.com/parts/DCC-2785434

Auto Transport Service
Back