• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner call outs

mpro69rr

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:58 PM
Reaction score
I am replacing my hood on my 69 RR. My old hood has the call outs without the block off plates, I think it was a N96 hood. My new hood I got off ebay is not an N96 hood so it has the block off plates in the call outs. Which ones should I use? My engine creates a lot of heat so I was wondering if the call outs without the block off plates would be best for my car since it creates so much heat, these would let it breath. Why did the callouts on a non N96 hood have the block off plates? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Its your choice. With the air grabber the screens allowed air to be ducted in to the air grabber. Without the air grabber and screens it would allow some air transfer. It also will allow water directly in.

On one of my '69s - AC 4-speed car, no N96 - I replaced the block-offs with N96 screens, and sitting still you could feel heat escaping. It did bring the coolant temp gauge down a few degrees when driving; never crept up above the thermostat setting. I've owned a Mustang, and currently have a Dually, where we louvered the hoods, same result. Notice that most road racers vent the hoods where allowed by the rules.

On one of my '69s - AC 4-speed car, no N96 - I replaced the block-offs with N96 screens, and sitting still you could feel heat escaping. It did bring the coolant temp gauge down a few degrees when driving; never crept up above the thermostat setting. I've owned a Mustang, and currently have a Dually, where we louvered the hoods, same result. Notice that most road racers vent the hoods where allowed by the rules.

Yes, the same thing happens to me, my old hood would let out a lot of heat, maybe its best if I keep it that way.

Auto Transport Service
Back