• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 ROADRUNNER CONVERTIBLE COURTESY LIGHT

paul1969cars

Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
HI

Does anymore have a picture or know where the underdash courtesy light gets installed for a 1969 roadrunner convertible. Mine is just hanging under dash. Dont know where it is supposed to mount.

Paul

It is the same as any other 69 RR. Above the glovebox. There is no under, under dash courtesy light.

It is the same as any other 69 RR. Above the glovebox. There is no under, under dash courtesy light.
Convertible had them under the dash near the kick panels.

Mine doesn't. It has some in the rear panels to light up the back seat.
It should of had them.

courtesy lights.jpg

courtesy 2.jpg

I found my Convertible in the 70's as a survivor and the light harness is part of the convertible top harness. The other 3 harnesses I have seen were also missing any other lights that might have been used for the front floors. All convertible harnesses I have seen did have the trunk light incorporated in them also. Anything is possible, so maybe someone that has seen them will respond.

Post a picture. I would like to see what you have.

Both my 68 Satellite and the 69 Road Runner I used to have, had them under the dash, right of center slightly. It is a little bell shaped socket fixture with a push and turn bulb that goes in it. The bell shaped fixture is formed perfectly to mount using one screw up under the lip of the dash. I can take a pic tonight when I get home.

Here is the picture I took of my 68 Satellite convertible. It is located under the dash in line with the ash tray. My 69 Road Runner convertible had it in the same location. I have an extra light fixture so I took a picture of it so you could see what it looked like not installed.
20230126_163709.jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Here is the picture I took of my 68 Satellite convertible. It is located under the dash in line with the ash tray. My 69 Road Runner convertible had it in the same location. I have an extra light fixture so I took a picture of it so you could see what it looked like not installed.View attachment 1408446View attachment 1408447
awesome thanks so much that is exactly what i have.

Here is the picture I took of my 68 Satellite convertible. It is located under the dash in line with the ash tray. My 69 Road Runner convertible had it in the same location. I have an extra light fixture so I took a picture of it so you could see what it looked like not installed.View attachment 1408446View attachment 1408447
Is this just a single one in the middle? I don't remember seeing it in the schematic.

yes it is a single light mounted pretty much under the center of the dash. Lights up the floor board pretty good.

Auto Transport Service
Back