• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 RR. It's mine.

Also having trouble with a couple of the fender tag codes

M31 - belt mouldings 69-70??
H2C - high trim
Bench seat
Blue and white. Does that mean white door panels and blue seat covers.

My oldest scoping out the task ahead of him when we finish his ElCamino. With his Chevy hat on backwards and a Dave Matthews band tshirt. I tried gentlemen. I tried. Lol.
Also my beautiful wife picking on me. She saw pictures of the air cleaner lid that says Coyote duster. She posted this picture to my Facebook and commented "Coyote Duster my ***". She's gonna get it.
And most importantly.
Happy Easter everyone.

IMG_3796.JPG IMG_3798.JPG

Whayden,
In response to what to do with her, that really depends on your plans and what you want to do. If you are planning on doing a full resto I'd just start it now, it looks like you already have the engine bay ripped apart anyway. Plus without really getting into the nitty gritty you don't know if there are any rust issues with the frame or other vital areas.

Thanks for the direction. I'm prolly going to get it put back together. I bought the car without the motor and trans. He has the numbers matching stuff but it's big money. Still thinking of what I want in the end. Car will never be for sale so spending the extra money for the original motor and trans is hard for me. Although I would love to be able to say it was original would be nice but I doubt I'll leave it completely original so I'm at a crossroads.

That's so weird to me that he would sell you the car but hold the heart and lungs for ransom. That's basically what he's doing cause he knows at this point it is now worth more to you than him. I guess I just can't stand people like that, that have to make a buck off every little thing.

Mine isn't original and I'm actually glad it was that way cause I got to make it mine. All my changes are very subtle but exactly what I wanted to do. I didn't have worry about it because the main numbers matching item (engine) was already gone. Though at this point I wish I would've dropped a 440 instead of a 383 but I wanted to keep all the original badging. I was going to change the original color until I saw what it looked like all nice and shiny behind the brake booster and fell in love.

Not really how it all went down. Guess I should have explained it. The guy I got it from inherited all this from his dad. He is a great guy as well as his dad from what people tell me. It wasn't him holding the parts ransom. It was me being a cheap ***. He shot me a price for the lot. I just could only swing the car for now. Price is not going to change I just have to decide if I want to spend the money on the motor and trans or not. Most likely going back after the trans for sure. And most likely the motor. Car was what I wanted to get in my pocession. It has lived it's last decade or so in a dry barn. It's in great shape. But had since been moved outside to clear out storage space. Make no mistake it will have a 383/833 combo back in it. Numbers matching?? Doubtful.

"Fine 9" has made her way in the shop.
Sheet metal list so far:
Trunk floor
Trunk floor extensions
Left and right quarters
Passenger fender
Rear body panel

IMG_3834.JPG

congrats on the road runner! hope you keep the slots, great Day Two look.
my thoughts are while the engine bay is empty, clean/paint as needed, that way you won't need to pull the engine back out later. go thru the mechanicals, make her safe to drive and have some fun before it's tore down and made too nice to enjoy.

First hard look at the frame rails and floor. All seems good to go. Buddy just called he's got a friend starting a dustless blasting service. Is it my birthday.

IMG_3835.JPG

Congrats Whayden!
I too have a "run of the mill" 69 RR. In B5 too, they are stunning when done though.
There is something magical about Roadrunners, enjoy!
Oh, and go back and buy at least the 4 spd stuff, it can be hard to come by $$$.

Don't have a pic,but there is something odd bolted to the nose of the rearend. Looks to be some type of traction device. There is a rubber bumper on the top of it. Appears to hit the underside of the floor when the rearend rotates. Looks crude. Not sure.

Pinion snubber
More than likely an old Direct Connection piece.
Was it ever raced?

If it was it wasn't much. The underside is amazingly nice. That's interesting about the direct connection thing. The cars continue to amaze me.

Well at least the P.O. knew traction bars don't work on Mopars, pinion snubbers do.
Really only need a snubber for track use, because you're not impressing anybody with the looks haha.
There's lots of little things guys on here know, and completely take for granted.
Keep asking, somebody here has already done it, and has and is willing to pass it on.
Welcome to the Mopar brotherhood,
And get that boy a proper Mopar hat.:D

There is a lengthly thread here called Family Tradition http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/family-tradition.8368/

Read this through and you will see what a complete restoration process will entail. Just pick and choose the areas that are your concerns if you are not going to do a full resto.
This is one of the most incredible and detailed threads on a restoration project I have ever seen.

Good luck bringing the RR back to service!!!

Jeff

Not really how it all went down. Guess I should have explained it. The guy I got it from inherited all this from his dad. He is a great guy as well as his dad from what people tell me. It wasn't him holding the parts ransom. It was me being a cheap ***. He shot me a price for the lot. I just could only swing the car for now. Price is not going to change I just have to decide if I want to spend the money on the motor and trans or not. Most likely going back after the trans for sure. And most likely the motor. Car was what I wanted to get in my pocession. It has lived it's last decade or so in a dry barn. It's in great shape. But had since been moved outside to clear out storage space. Make no mistake it will have a 383/833 combo back in it. Numbers matching?? Doubtful.

May I ask what he wants for the motor and Trans? In my opinion you HAVE to do everything in your power to get that combo, everything. I would be buying it before doing any restoration and or spending money on any parts or restoration efforts.

Protect your investment, otherwise you might as well have started off with a belvedere..... Yes you are never selling, like we've all said before :rolleyes:, but it will be for sale one day trust me, and whether or not it's you selling it, the person at that time will be greatful.

2500 for the 383 complete on stand. Supposingly pulled from my car running. Oil pan to carb,manifolds,brackets,alternator.
1000 for the trans. Bellhousing,linkages,driveshaft.All out of my car.

Talked to him again yesterday while getting the bill of sale,title stuff straight. It will all be bought. Day job doesn't fund projects at my house. It pays bills and kids stuff. Side work is where project money comes from. Need to do a couple of bikes or collision stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back