• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 RR. It's mine.

time flies when you're having fun. so why did this year go by so fast?

time flies when you're having fun. so why did this year go by so fast?
No clue. I have been blessed to not be affected by unemployment in this weird time we are in. The kids have been fully virtual for school. Oldest son graduates this year then off to college. Seems like the older I get the quicker time gets by me.

yup...Mom told me not to be in a hurry to get out of school because I wouldn't believe how fast time would go.

Well. 11 more months gone. Time to put this thread to bed. Oldest son graduated. Skipped college. Straight to work in a career he wanted. (operations with a refinery close to us). Second son couple years from graduating. Didn’t touch the Roadrunner. So she is sold. Got what is thought was fair. Great gentleman came from Atlanta and picked her up. He was happy with the deal. I was happy so that book shut. So I did a thing this past weekend and bought a finished car the wife,kids,and dog can ride in. 1971 Plymouth road runner. Should be delivered next week some time. Fingers crossed.

57CC26E5-CCF8-47B6-8A77-B75D7383E069.jpeg C2A78F01-9CE7-46F1-BEB7-73472F226E1C.jpeg

That 400 block is worth some coin to someone building a stroker. Just an FYI. It’s a 230 casting.

Check out 440source.com
Some of the 230 cast 400 blocks had huge main web supports.

Not all of them had the big web supports, so be careful before paying up big bucks for k e expecting that. Also, unless you’re making 1000 horsepower you don’t really need it anyway. Regular old 400’s are good to st least 700hp which most people never get too close too.

Not all of them had the big web supports, so be careful before paying up big bucks for k e expecting that. Also, unless you’re making 1000 horsepower you don’t really need it anyway. Regular old 400’s are good to st least 700hp which most people never get too close too.
I have the 400 block still. You actually reminded me about it. I believe it’s still in the corner with the “sauce” soaking in one of the holes. Piston stuck bad.

Do the minimum needed to get it to be a safe driver, enjoy it, and fix things as you go. Much more enjoyable that way
:thumbsup:

Congratulations on your new family member. Reading thru. If build doesn't include original engine and transmission? Have you considered a 440? If that 400 230 block is indeed a heavy web support version? I willing to bet someone will make a trade offer for a period correct 440 short block?

And of course the 4-speed. I believe one misses some of the muscle experience with a automatic transmission.

Welcome.

Auto Transport Service
Back