• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 RR. It's mine.

2500 for the 383 complete on stand. Supposingly pulled from my car running. Oil pan to carb,manifolds,brackets,alternator.
1000 for the trans. Bellhousing,linkages,driveshaft.All out of my car.

Talked to him again yesterday while getting the bill of sale,title stuff straight. It will all be bought. Day job doesn't fund projects at my house. It pays bills and kids stuff. Side work is where project money comes from. Need to do a couple of bikes or collision stuff.

Man I feel your pain and get it when it comes to bills. I just really really want to see you get those if possible.

Looks like you do nice work. Don't know what your day job is but maybe it's time to consider a change!! :thumbsup:

Steel Detailer by trade. Ain't never leaving this desk and computer screen. Have to drag my fat *** out of here kicking and screaming.

Never going back to the Heat and dust. 15 years of body shop work. Started washing cars left the lead and only painter. Body work/custom paint is my hobby.

My cozy abode

IMG_3903.JPG

Just a update to ask some questions. Almost done to the point my boy can take over on his own car so I can get the roadrunner in the shop. I ran across "Galen's Tag service". Talked to Dianne today. I guess they decode the fender tag and provide some paperwork (registry letter and some other paper work). Any of you guys get this done. I have changed my plans and now I'm am going to completely go thru this desert chicken and put her back like she was. Will this help or will this just be something to have just to have. Opinions please.

I'll let others chime in that know more about Galens Tag Service. From what I understand it costs a few bucks and doesn't add much to the panache of the car anymore. Probably money better saved for that numbers matching engine/tranny. There are people on this site that can help decode your fender tag.....

She is mine (atleast according to the great state of Louisiana). Now the CFO may clear some funds for progress. Official title will be in the mail in 4 to 8 business days.

IMG_4195.JPG

Got my boys ElCamino hood stripped and primed. Snuck the RR's hood in the shop. I figured hell while I'm stripping paint might as well. RR had about 4 paint jobs. Bunch of bondo covering some dents. Not pulled out at all just covered with bondo. I grinded all that out. Weld on some studs tomorrow and pull the dents out. Then DTM primer and a "skim coat" filler.

IMG_4352.JPG IMG_4353.JPG

Getting that hood right is going to take some doing. It's super stretched in the center.

Thanks. I've spent the money to have Govier do the fender tag decode , registry letter, and history of owner ship. Not to much worried about it anymore unless he/she comes with some unicorn story. I've come to the conclusion this is My RR and I'll build it,equip it,and beat on it how I see fit. Lol.

Well. Much to my surprise after reading so many horror stories about months or years worth of waiting. Galen's Tag Service sent me a email. Some pics. I know now that this paperwork doesn't mean jack diggle. But hey. It's what I wanted. Now it's time to move on with this restoration.

IMG_2536.jpg IMG_2537.jpg

Ok advice time fellows. I have a couple of options on the drive train.
Option 1:
So I have found a junk yard motor and 4 speed that is currently in a ramcharger. It was from a sport fury. 383/A833(I assume to be a 21 spline). Tranny just came back from brewers. Wants 2000 bucks for the whole rig.

Option 2:
Go get the motor and trans that came out my car from the PO for 3500. No clue of its condition.
Motor turns out to be a replacement block(stamped D383,no vin on the oil rail pad.)
Trans is not the numbers matching trans as I was told. But it is a 18 spline A833.

Neither is going to get my car any closer to being perfect.

I'm leaning towards saving 1500 bucks and be able to sell a roller ramcharger to put more money in the parts fund.

IMG_2536.jpg IMG_2537.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back