• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 RR Value

Garys1969RR

Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
How much difference in value does it make whether or not a car has the original motor? I have a chance to buy a 69 Road Runner, the orig engine comes with it, but is not in it right now. I have a 451 I just built, and considering putting it in the car. Is the original engine coded to that particular car? Or would it also be correct for another 69 RR?

There is only one original motor for that car- it will have the car's VIN# stamped on the passenger side of the block, just above the oil pan. As far as value goes, it is more desireable to have the original motor but I couldn't put any numbers on it.

if you want to put the 451 in it that's fine.if you should want to sell it at some time in the future, then you will have thebargaining chip to say you have the original motor to the new buyer should they want to go that way.

Ok thats what I was thinking. The original engine (block) should stay with the car to maintain originality. Always wondered how they coded the engine to the car, now I know! I will look on the block and compare that # to the vin # on the dash and title. Thanks for the help Guys!

Yea! bag the numbers matching engine,install the built engine, enjoy. :eusa_angel: :3gears: DRIVE THE HELL OUT OF IT./;.

Auto Transport Service
Back