• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1969 Satellite to Roadrunner Conversion Project- Not my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a long time but my RR convertible cost $1500, no rust and came with a Newport that drove.

I have loved the 6 8-9 RR and Bees sine the 80s. But as they got higher weaned myself off them.
I admit they are BAD to rust, but usually because they sat outside for decades.
I have also loved the early B bodies. All cars rust, but these are way better in general.
IF a person can not do the boidy work to his standards, a guy might as well look for a done or at least body done, unless he has endless supply of $$ and patience????!!!
The question is with ay the 69RRis what is a REAL RR worth over a clone? #s match??? I have owned dozens upon dozens of RR and I bet only 3 or 4 out of 25-30 cars over the last few decades.

I have loved the 6 8-9 RR and Bees sine the 80s. But as they got higher weaned myself off them.
I admit they are BAD to rust, but usually because they sat outside for decades.
I have also loved the early B bodies. All cars rust, but these are way better in general.
IF a person can not do the boidy work to his standards, a guy might as well look for a done or at least body done, unless he has endless supply of $$ and patience????!!!
The question is with ay the 69RRis what is a REAL RR worth over a clone? #s match??? I have owned dozens upon dozens of RR and I bet only 3 or 4 out of 25-30 cars over the last few decades.
My opinion is that without a numbers matching engine, it doesn't matter. It will be a clone type of car either way. Make it a GTX since you are modifying it. Cheap hotrod or a business hotrod.

My opinion is that without a numbers matching engine, it doesn't matter. It will be a clone type of car either way. Make it a GTX since you are modifying it. Cheap hotrod or a business hotrod.
I disagree for what its worth. Like I said the number of REAL numbers matching Mopars is any muscle type car is SMALL> Plenty of #s slants and even 318s.
I say the #'s car are at the top, followed by the real car as to VIN and having a correct engine. Then comes the clone and the restorod. Heck take the 68 RR No vin on the eng, some did have a build sequence #on the back of the block.

I disagree for what its worth. Like I said the number of REAL numbers matching Mopars is any muscle type car is SMALL> Plenty of #s slants and even 318s.
I say the #'s car are at the top, followed by the real car as to VIN and having a correct engine. Then comes the clone and the restorod. Heck take the 68 RR No vin on the eng, some did have a build sequence #on the back of the block.
Disagreements are always important.

If I'm not mistaken on 68's the SO# was on the fender tag and core support and the VIN was on the dash tag and the back of the engine block.

If I'm not mistaken on 68's the SO# was on the fender tag and core support and the VIN was on the dash tag and the back of the engine block.
i admit I had a lot more 69s than 68s but I was thinking the So# was the back of the block. have forgot most of what I did know.
All the "good" Mopars I had were back mostly in the 80s, 90s. Since I have mainly played with mundane cars but I have enjoyed them really more.
The part I get tickled at are guys that swear their car is a survivor when it has been painted decades ago,or having the less than 100,000 miles on the speedo, and people that do not realize the number of blocks trans, that have been restamped and even dash VIN tagged illegally made!!!!
We all enjoy the hobby for our own reasons!

What year did you buy it? I agree that is what a guy should be able to buy one for but how many like that can you find for that $$ ??
2016. I know times are different. So take that into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back