• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Super Bee 383

1969CoronetR/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
I have a numbers matching engine and transmission Mr. Norms 1969 Coronet Super Bee 383. The engine has a blown head gasket and the water pump is leaking. I am not sure if the water pump is original as the shop has to give me casting numbers. Does anyone know of a person who rebuilds water pumps in or near the Pittsburgh area? The transmission needs rebuilt as the flywheel, balancer and clutch are worn.

Damper Doctor in CA can rebuild your damper so you can keep your original.

DamperDoctor

You can also put a new ring gear on the flywheel if it is able to be surfaced and reused.

The flywheel will be re-surfaced according to the shop. California is on the other coast but will keep that if a closer shop is unavailable. Thanks 69bee

Damper Doctor is the only place that I am aware of to rebuild the balancer. They do a good job too...

The water pump is part PH 362. Also has other stampings. Would this be original for a 1969 Super Bee?

A4133C0D-6270-49D5-A104-BD6C60877C9B.jpeg B0E49881-0345-4661-A3A4-9E3C19C288F3.jpeg

I will have to ask the shop tomorrow for the blade count and diameter. Anyone have a rebuilt one available?

I will have to ask the shop tomorrow for the blade count and diameter. Anyone have a rebuilt one available?

Usually, when a pump is rebuilt, only the casing and maybe the blades are reused if there is no significant corrosion is present. The shaft and bearing assembly is replaced along with a simple cartridge mechanical seal assembly (carbon vs ceramic) and the impeller is pressed back on. Any major auto parts store should be able to furnish what you need. Flowkooler is a great replacement component as it increases the coolant flow both in terms of velocity and gallons per minute flow. Something to consider.....just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

The wear parts needs repaired

Since you live in the Pittsburgh Pa area, a great source for Mopar parts, both NOS and used, consider Jim Kramer in Herman, Pa., near Butler Pa and for expert transmission and drive line repairs, consider Allen's Driveline, also in Herman Pa. Lou Hudachek, also of Butler Pa is another source for B body stuff
Jim Kramer. Kramer Automotive Specialties. 130 Kramer Ln, Butler, PA 16002. 1-724-285-5566
Wally Allen. Allen Drive line. 244 Rennick Road Butler, Pa 16002. 1-724-282-4003
I've used both, Wally Allen rebuilt the Dana 60 and clutch and transmission in my GTX. Jim Kramer was the NOS parts supplier for the rebuild. He has 2 A990 origional modified wheel base cars. Both go to Chrysler's at Carlyle Pa
Lou Hudachek has many NOS Mopar parts and body parts....right next to the Butler exit of the Pa Turnpike on rte 8 north. I do not have his number.
I grew up in Pgh and lived in Pgh for 50+ years and can recommend these men as Mopar suppliers.
BOB RENTON

Last edited:
Thanks and the Hudachek’s are a great family. Their son (I forget his name) works at a shop in Gibsonia a few miles from my house. His father is a Legendary Interiors supplier and the son put it in my Super Bee. I will call both and thanks for the recommendation.

Would the build date be on the fender tag?

Thanks and the Hudachek’s are a great family. Their son (I forget his name) works at a shop in Gibsonia a few miles from my house. His father is a Legendary Interiors supplier and the son put it in my Super Bee. I will call both and thanks for the recommendation.

Would the build date be on the fender tag?

You're welcome.....there is a "E" body guy also in the North Hills, but cannot recall name...a good source as well. George Welsh was also a great source of information as well. He use to run a body shop supply business and hosted many local car cruises.
The build date can be determined from the fender tag but you need to know the plant code and the VIN and Govier's white book of dates. Let me know if I can help further.....regards.
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back