• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 6 pac K member

Don't forget too that sometimes there were shortages of certain items on the assembly line so they would install what was in stock even though it wasn't for that specific application. Weird stuff happened back then. That K could have ended up under a 318.

Don't forget too that sometimes there were shortages of certain items on the assembly line so they would install what was in stock even though it wasn't for that specific application. Weird stuff happened back then. That K could have ended up under a 318.

I know of two cars that were produced with stuff that wasn't supposed to be on them. One was a 318 Dart (68 I think) that had the frame boxes on it. This was back many years ago before anyone was thinking about adding them. Another was a 65 Mudstain that had all the V8 running gear such as the 8" rear and 5 bolt wheels and suspension but had a 200 CI 6 in it. That showed up in 73-74. The car even sat a bit higher than most due to the V8 springs in it. I also remember my sister having a slightly hard fender bender with her 65 Mustang and having to wait on parts due to an automotive strike that was going on as she was told. Heard from a friend a few years ago that the companies would put management people on the lines to try and keep them running during strikes. Another thing I heard is if a breakdown happened during the night shift, someone would grab a fork truck and go 'get' a pallet load of whatever they could find that was ready for the day shift to get the line going again. That info came from someone that I've known for years and the whole family worked at ChryCo back in the day.

I can sell you a new skid plate and correct coin fo $90. Weld them on your k member yourself. 1970 is a one year only K member

I am interested in a 70 skid plate and a #79 coin.

Auto Transport Service
Back