• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 b-body Passenger Mirror Option

Did you buy this car in pieces? Have a FSM? Buildsheet?
Purchased whole. Have FSM. Don’t have build sheet. Have fender build plate. It didn’t have a mirror on it when I bought it. But it obviously came from the factory with one!

IMG_9971.jpeg

Exactly.

If the car started out as a patchwork quilt, then build it as you like with whatever mirrors you desire.

If it's a factory correct piece, then you'll need to follow the build sheet/fender tag or sales order information....to do it right.
Yes this is why I am interested in researching this here with you guys.

Purchased whole. Have FSM. Don’t have build sheet. Have fender build plate. It didn’t have a mirror on it when I bought it. But it obviously came from the factory with one!

View attachment 1553225
G31 - OS RH Manual Standard Mirror

G33 - OS LH Remote Standard Mirror

That picture could have saved an entire page. :lol:

G31 - OS RH Manual Standard Mirror

G33 - OS LH Remote Standard Mirror

That picture could have saved an entire page. :lol:
G33 baby! I was trying to find that darn code! Thanks now I know!!

Ok so add the manual or sport mirror pending the drivers sude. Easy peasy. First Mopar?
Yes first Mopar. I had a 1971 Corvette that I restored and also a 1973 Camaro Z28 that I wish I still had! The quality and technology in the Chevys were better than the Mopar but I am enjoying my restoration on it and this forum!

I'm using A body sport mirrors on mine painted body color

Left side right side….is that if your sitting in the car? Or standing in front of the car? Is that the cars right side or the drivers right side? Lol Port or starboard…. I’ve always referred to the sides as passenger or driver to make it less confusing.
Cars have a front, rear, left, right, top and bottom, just like people do. It doesn’t matter which way you’re looking at them.

My 1970 Sport Satellite has the holes in the passenger door for a mirror. What type of mirror was there? I know it was manual. Was that an option or was that standard for the Sport Satellite? I need to find one……

Thanks! MF

View attachment 1552878
The 69 Coronet had the hole anchors in the passenger door visible from inside the door. No mirror on psgr door from factory. I drilled out the holes, put the mirror on and the wing window bumps it when opening. Can’t explain this, but be careful when installing. If I could do it over, no mirror would be there. Limited use anyway.

Cars have a front, rear, left, right, top and bottom, just like people do. It doesn’t matter which way you’re looking at them.
So the left is which side? It’s am ambiguous to me. No driver side is clear as day. It’s just my opinion that’s all. It probably comes from being an engineer for 30 years.

All Station Wagons had the passenger side mirror standard ‘68-‘70. Front anti-sway bar as well.

So the left is which side? It’s am ambiguous to me. No driver side is clear as day. It’s just my opinion that’s all. It probably comes from being an engineer for 30 years.
Right and left sides are determined as you are sitting in the car. Ergo; the left side of the car is the driver side, U.S. driver side.

Last edited:
Right and left sides are determined as you are sitting in the car. Ergo; the left side of the car is the driver side, U.S. driver well
All I’m saying is that it’s a very sloppy way to indicate a specific orientation as over the years people have referred to both sides as say left depending on their orientation which leads to a discussion much like Abbott and Costello who’s on first.

And we all know Who’s on first! Lol

In the mechanic world left has always been determined while sitting it the drivers seat... If you choose to do it differently your doing it wrong... Period, end of discussion....

Auto Transport Service
Back