• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger "window felts/cat whiskers"

demonhead

Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
hello all, I have a question to anyone who can help on this. I am finishing up a 1970 Charger 500 restoration project. I am looking at the set of window felts from DMT and have a problem figuring out how they are supposed to be installed. I am posting a couple of pictures to help explain my questions to all of you.
The outside front and rear are shown in the pictures. You can see that if the felts are installed from top to bottom (as all the ones I have ever installed are) leaves (logically to me) the felt upside down with the trough positioned to just collect water. To me the clips are upside down. I am open to telling me this is how they are supposed to be installed but I find that hard to believe. DMT says to rely on your judgements! I very much appreciate your advise on this matter!

greenie.jpg

Whiskers.jpg

Whiskers2.jpg

Install from the top. The slide clips will guide you to the right location. I have pictures if you need then.

Auto Transport Service
Back