• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Coronet R/T Project (Dasfusca's Car)

I got a new tachometer for Christmas this year. It's from my wife. She is awesome. She ordered it from Year One. I like the way it looks in the dash. It's funny how they tell you not to rely on this tachometer for racing.

All I need now is a disc brakes kit, air conditioning, a head liner, carpet, rubber scrapers, and blah blah blah............ (Maniacal LOL!!)

I will still need to put it all together too.

IMG_5923[1].JPG IMG_5924[1].JPG

Tach looks nice. Did you touch up the needles on the other gauges? They look just as good as ur new tach!

plasma.JPG
I borrowed this plasma cutter from a friend and I was able to get some floor work done.
floor hole.JPG
floor hole 2.JPG
patch 1.JPG
patch 2.JPG
IMG_1644.JPG
IMG_1645.JPG
IMG_1646.JPG

I have one more patch to make. I still have to weld them in but I am making progress again.

Do you know where to find the finish panel for a 1970 coronet 500 or R/T

I see them come up on eBay. Check face book market place. Once in a while I think I see them on this site. Just take your time, don't panic and keep looking. You may be surprised how thing show up. You may even get it for a good price. Good Luck!

I put together a set of seat belts. All are from 1970. The darker ones are dated from late 1969. The two lighter ones are from a little later in 1970.
235F6440-EFB3-413B-8D36-16A592889B76.jpeg

Last edited:
Floors are finished on the bottom. I used a wire wheel and removed most of the undercoating. Then I sprayed Rustbullet and topped it off with an undercoating called Dyna-Pro 544. I also sprayed internal stop rust from Eastwood in all the frame rails. I still have to seam seal the inside and then the floors will finally be completely finished.
IMG_3307.JPG
IMG_3560.JPG
IXJC1354.JPG
IMG_3981.JPG
IMG_3982.JPG
IMG_3983.JPG
IMG_3986.JPG
IMG_3987.JPG
IMG_3988.JPG
IMG_3989.JPG

This is the undercoating I used after the Rust Bullet. It was really easy to apply with a spray gun. It is Dyna-Pro 544. I used 2 Gallons between the floor and the front fender. It does stink and make a mess so put down a drop cloth and wear a respirator. I purchased the gun on Amazon.
IMG_4583.JPG
IMG_4581.JPG

Here is something new for me. I sprayed this into all my frame rails. It's green!
Eastwood internal frame coating. I think I used 3 cans. I suggest you tape up all the access holes. It sprays with some force.
IMG_4582.JPG

Here is something new for me. I sprayed this into all my frame rails. It's green!
Eastwood internal frame coating. I think I used 3 cans. I suggest you tape up all the access holes. It sprays with some force.
View attachment 1038602
I have been using that stuff for years as well. They now came out with a black version.

I ordered the front end rebuild kit and disc brake conversion from Doctor Diff. I worked on the lower control arms. So much fun. All you need is a welder, press, chisel and a few hours. everything came apart nicely. I am going to sand blast and paint these so they look nice.
IMG_4546.JPG
IMG_4547.JPG
IMG_4549.JPG
IMG_4558.JPG
IMG_4580.JPG

We installed the rear, repacked the wheel bearings and replaced the seals. We pulled the old seals out with a slide hammer and used a homemade tool to seat the new seal.
IMG_4534.JPG
IMG_4533.JPG
IMG_4522.JPG
IMG_4521.JPG

Your project is really coming along - nice job!

This is an excellent thread for the "do it yourself" person. It shows how someone who is intelligent and reasonable can do this work and have great results. Keep up the good work!

Hawk

Auto Transport Service
Back