• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Coronet Wheel size recomendation

terminationephx

Local time
11:34 AM
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase new wheels and tires for my 1970 coronet. I was hoping someone can refer me to a post or provide recommendations for the best tire size to fill the wheel wells of a 1970 coronet?

I like the look of the tire taking up most of the space rather than the tires getting lost in the space of the wheel well and size of the car.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I included some cars that look the way i want mine to look.

Thanks

Attachments

• 0709_mopp_01_z+1970_dodge_coronet+front_view.jpg
    0709_mopp_01_z+1970_dodge_coronet+front_view.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 4,031
  • super bee.jpg
    super bee.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,088
  • super bee black.jpg
    super bee black.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,454
2014SprFlVegasCC 075.jpgiPadApril2014 238.jpg225 70 14 front. 295 50 15 rear. 8 inch rim.

Different year cars look better with different wheels but it is always our taste in the looks, the 70 is such a nice looking model and to me can be fitted with a number of different wheels and look great.. The Keystone classics are one of my favorites 32 SERIES 32 Keystone Klassic Chrome Composite RWD.jpg But there is so many others, And i like the Torque wheels torque thrust whel.jpg But the choice is kind of personal taste and here is a link that you could look over many of the ones available.. Thats some nice looking rides there!

http://www.texasautotrim.com/Cragar_Classic.htm

What kind of rear tires are you wanting? Radials? Drag Radials? I have had many different wheel/tire combos on my 70 Super Bee in the last 15 years. There is a LOT of room there with no mods. Offset makes a huge difference too. Also, are you wanting 15" wheels? Or something taller(God, I hope not...but that is just me).

If you are sticking to 15's and know what type of tire you want, I have probably tried it. So if you let me know I can try to help.

The 70 Bees are my favorite B body hands down.

I love my 69 RR.... But would trade it all plus the gal down the road for the right 70 Bee.

i am looking to make the car a driver, so radials will be the preference. 15inch wheels are what i have now. in the rear they just seem to look narrow, and from some angles almost look like "doughnuts" when compared to the space in the rear wells.

do you have pictures you could post of your wheels, tires and what size they are?

Thanks for the response.

What kind of rear tires are you wanting? Radials? Drag Radials? I have had many different wheel/tire combos on my 70 Super Bee in the last 15 years. There is a LOT of room there with no mods. Offset makes a huge difference too. Also, are you wanting 15" wheels? Or something taller(God, I hope not...but that is just me).

If you are sticking to 15's and know what type of tire you want, I have probably tried it. So if you let me know I can try to help.

Auto Transport Service
Back