• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 FM3 Satellite Conv - The car that should have been crushed

Chris Many

Local time
12:50 PM
Reaction score
Here we have a 1970 FM3 Plymouth Satellite Convertible that I hauled back from Ontario a couple years ago. It was originally pulled out of a junkyard in Toronto in the mid-80's. Even at that time all 4 frame rails were rotted and there was no trunk floors. Heck the rear frame rails were missing from above the rear wheels to the tail panel. A sheet of plywood with tires wedged into the trunk wells was the only thing keeping the leaf springs from popping through trunk lid !

initial.jpg P5191820.jpg P7102177.JPG Frame Jig.jpg P3231812.JPG P5112109.jpg P5112083.jpg P5112100.jpg P5122135.jpg

Rare color and on a Vert... I'd say very worthy of your hard work. Looking awesome keep it up.

Why would you crush that one its called work to get them back to the street.

Awesome save! Another car of history that deserves to live on. It looks like your coming along good! Keep us posted! What driveline are you going with ?

Awesome car and glad you did the work to save it. Builds like this give me confidence in restoring my cars.

Here we have a 1970 FM3 Plymouth Satellite Convertible that I hauled back from Ontario a couple years ago. It was originally pulled out of a junkyard in Toronto in the mid-80's. Even at that time all 4 frame rails were rotted and there was no trunk floors. Heck the rear frame rails were missing from above the rear wheels to the tail panel. A sheet of plywood with tires wedged into the trunk wells was the only thing keeping the leaf springs from popping through trunk lid !

View attachment 1109852 View attachment 1109853 View attachment 1109854 View attachment 1109855 View attachment 1109856 View attachment 1109857 View attachment 1109859 View attachment 1109861 View attachment 1109862
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!
What a labor of LUV!
Beautimus.................................
MoPar2Ya!!

Looks awesome pink convertible well worth the effort

Awesome save! Another car of history that deserves to live on. It looks like your coming along good! Keep us posted! What driveline are you going with ?
Due to the rarity of the car I am sticking with its hum drum 318-2bbl 904 auto trans, 2.76 gears (perhaps)

Nice work Chris, you are making me feel a whole lot better about my 70 Road Runner convertible project! I thought mine was a real project that I was bringing back from the dead,your car was farther gone than mine and you gave the car a second chance! I needed the inspiration. Thanks for saving that car. 70 Plymouth b body convertibles are few and far between!

Car looks great! I salute your hard work and skills.

Good job. Glad your willing to dive into a project like this. Got lucky with the runner all frame rails where sound but the cross member up front just a small hole in one side and fixed it up. So keep the pic's coming and like to see how your coming along on it. :thumbsup:

I just saw this thread and needless to say I am now definitely following, congratulations on saving such a rare car. I am looking forward to seeing it done, please keep us updated on the progress if you can

Would you happen to have any pictures of the engine, fender tag, and interior before you took it apart?

What a rebuild! The whole thing could be a book on restorations. I gotta ask, what's the estimate for how many pounds of original steel will remain? :)

He said even the frame rails where rotted. Boy that makes it tough for sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back