• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite from Junk to......

Ron.. take a picture of that decal! The lads will be glad to know where to get a correctly shaped back glass vs the **** AMD sells !

Ron.. take a picture of that decal! The lads will be glad to know where to get a correctly shaped back glass vs the **** AMD sells !
Yes! I will. I was actually thinking about that a few minutes ago! So here it is: Diamond Glass company. The characters look Thai to me.

I bought it from Auto City Glass. The AMD I originally ordered had a defect and was the wrong profile so I just sent it back.

image.jpg

IMG_0826.png

IMG_0827.jpeg

Drip rails were not touched for 50 years. See first picture. Took them to my portable buffing station. Used a teflon sealing tape between the rail and the body. It’s exactly 1 inch. Better than what materials they had in 1970.

IMG_0911.jpeg

IMG_0910.jpeg

IMG_0909.jpeg

IMG_0906.jpeg

IMG_0907.jpeg

IMG_0912.jpeg

Last edited:
Doing multiple disciplines at the same time. Now back on electrical rebuilding the rear wiring harness and installing it.

IMG_0928.jpeg

IMG_0925.jpeg

IMG_0922.jpeg

IMG_0926.jpeg

Looks like Ma-Mopar didn’t think much about cable routing when it came to the fuel tank sending unit. Guess ill just plug it in and let it dangle…. At least all the holes in the trunk are capped. Lots of buffing compound needs to get cleaned up still.

IMG_0940.jpeg

One of my lessons learned from this project is to account for any tight openings in the body as the paint and primer build up can be significant!

I couldn’t fit the lock in the hole and had to file it a bit to get it to fit. There was some exposed metal so rather ignoring it and having possible rust issues down the line I painted the opening. I wonder if level of detail is seen from shops working to get the job done fast as opposed to right…….

IMG_0945.jpeg

Love this stuff! After power buffing this is a nice final buff by hand. Leaves a protective layer as well.

IMG_0946.jpeg

Restoring a car is a lot like doing dishes. So here I am doing the dishes.

IMG_0949.jpeg

Anybody spot my big stupid mistake?

IMG_0971.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back