• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Roadrunner Convertible

Thanks for stepping up and saving that Bird. Yellow, ac car too. Nice.

I'm starting on a similar project what did you use for the outter wheel house

I added the Charger filler cap to my convertible too,and the Charger everything else too!
20191222_101743.jpg

I'm starting on a similar project what did you use for the outter wheel house

Sectioned in an AMD on both sides, inner and outer.

I have some decent convertible wheel well houses if yours are too far gone

Out of hibernation, getting the last few things welded and cut before paint. Console brackets, rear seat brackets, door jamb anti rattle wedge holes, and others. Might actually be able to get this painted

B5C8F204-28EF-4F43-986F-24093F4DC0A9.jpeg

Out of hibernation, getting the last few things welded and cut before paint. Console brackets, rear seat brackets, door jamb anti rattle wedge holes, and others. Might actually be able to get this painted

View attachment 921621
Wow, love the bucket seat backs !!!! If you ever want to sell them, I'm def interested !!!

Yeah! I saw your car in the background of one of his latest postings! Boy was he PISSED OFF about a "buddy deal" that went bad after they found out he had Covid-19. Pete does great work. I learned some great techniques from watching his videos. Hopefully he'll get back on track & get organized at the new place & focus on those jobs before taking on more work.

20200808_170346.jpg
20200808_170353.jpg
20200815_114250.jpg
I just picked up this 70 Road Runner convertible project last weekend. Your build is very inspiring!

Last edited:
That was a lot of work. Nice job. My 69 convertible had about the same amount of metalwork too. The quarter panel....my original was a poorly welded mess after blasting. Old accident damage. Had to do the wheelhouse too but the top was good so sectioned the bottom off and used the AMD coupe lower. Came out good. Using the coupe quarter was a lot of work as needed trunk lip and A section behind the window. Jigsaw puzzle but came out ok. I should have paint in 2-3 weeks.

F04CB764-3F99-478D-B265-7BB49A54BDF6.jpeg F512DDC8-649F-49BB-96F9-CE3A7293AF78.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back