• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 roadrunner fender marker lights removal

70 beepbeep

Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
I cant figure out how i access this bolt holding them to the fenders

20230105_201320.jpg

20230105_201325.jpg

20230105_201334.jpg

I believe the lens screws are under the holder tabs. Once you have the assembly removed from the fender you should see them. Hope it's not like Moparmarks stated, like a '69 Dart rear lights, where you have to break the damn lens to remove the bezel from the quarter panel.

This is a '70 Dodge front marker... should be similar.
superbirdcleanup20182019 113.JPG
superbirdcleanup20182019 115.JPG
superbirdcleanup20182019 116.JPG

Well....bugger me.....I was right in my first thoughts....a post I deleted suggest there may be two variations now.
I found an old rear marker light that I pulled from a 70 RR - assembled at the Los Angeles plant.

:xscuseless:

20230106_154358.jpg

20230106_154405.jpg

20230106_154410.jpg

20230106_154416.jpg

....or are the front and rears different?

Guess I should have known... seeing just yesterday I told my paint guy DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO TAKE THAT MARKER LENS OUT! on my RR rear marker as while they have those little plastic clips that break off they are also double face taped in and they always crack.. on me anyhow.

Front & rear are different then. :)
Exactly, the screws are behind the lens on the front marker lights. You have to break the lens as there is no way to get them out without damage. I just came short of damaging a fender before I found out.

Exactly, the screws are behind the lens on the front marker lights. You have to break the lens as there is no way to get them out without damage. I just came short of damaging a fender before I found out.
It's been 24 years since I last pulled one out. Memory fade....that's my excuse. :p

My '70 is like that, remove the nuts and the light comes out easy. Mine was built at Lynch Road in January.
I'm talking about front fenders on a 70, the pictures look like the 70 rear quarter markers. Amber for the front not red.

What about a heat gun to soften the two sided tape. I know on the rears a soak in hot water is possible once removed.

What about a heat gun to soften the two sided tape. I know on the rears a soak in hot water is possible once removed.
I was going to type this.. This your best bet if trying to save the lens..

damn i should have got on this forum alot sooner never expected this good or quit of a responses i very much appreciate ill definitely update what works

Auto Transport Service
Back