• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 roadrunner question

Connon

Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 70 that I bought with no seat cover on the back seat. (where your back is against). All that is there is the burlap and what looks like cotton batting and the frame. I have a new seat cover but should there be any foam over the cotton before I put on the cover or does the cover go directly over the cotton? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

the cotton batting goes over the frame to protect the foam from tearing, so it should be frame,cotton batting,foam,seat cover.hope that helps.

Yes. thanks very much. Any idea how thick the foam should be? There is a fabric shop near here that carries all kinds. Thanks again!

Last edited:
not sure on the exact thickness with the different conture of the seat but i,m thinking between 3-4 inches. not sure though, maybe somebody else know more on this than i do.

Removed some factory Roadrunner covers this winter and no foam,the only foam in them is the stuff sewn in the covers

Auto Transport Service
Back