• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Roadrunner turn signal and hazard flashers - location

Wing It

Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just installed a new main wiring harness in my 1970 Roadrunner. The car was apart when I bought it so I am piecing this puzzle back together. The question I have is on the location of the two flasher units. There is one for the turn signals and one for the emergency flasher lights. I found the connections on the wiring harness and plugged in the flashers. I bought a holder or bracket for each flasher from a Cougar parts place as I read on here that they are the same part. The bracket I bought clips into a hole.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.c...mercury-cougar-/-1969-1970-ford-mustang.html#

My questions is where do the two mounting brackets attach under the dash? I read on another thread that they may mount to the ashtray and the steering column. Anyone have any pictures or a good description of precisely where?

Thanks for any help provided.

Here is a picture on my 69 Charger dash. The flashers are removed but the mount bracket are visible. Not sure if 70 is the same.

100_0454.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back