• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 charger hazard lights

paul1969cars

Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
My hazard lights not working. The turn signal indicators do work but they are so slow in blinking. I purchased new flasher and it didnt do anything. Do the hazards work on the flasher as well?

There are two flashers on either side of the steering column. Both are silver. One has a yellow strip and one has a green strip. Any help or check would be appre
IMG_4644.jpg
ciated.

Why are they two flashers anyway. I know one does the turn signals

Thanks

IMG_4638.jpg

The other one does the hazards. You can check for power at the flasher plug with your voltmeter, one side will have power of course when the switch is on. I find that my switch seems to get dirty contacts if I don't use them for a while. A few times switching them on-off-on usually clears it up.

With the dash out of the car, you'll need to have a good ground circuit for everything back to the dash, as you probably know.

And did you figure out the problem?

I didnt get a chance to trouble shoot it yet

As long As I know one flasher is for signal turners and the other is for flashers I will chekc them out

I put in new over the counter flashers and the signal lights work faster and the flasher is louder

I replaced the opther flasher and the same thing. Nothing works. So it may not be the flasher Im thinking

Will trouble shoot it again

I did have the whole dashout

Auto Transport Service
Back