• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Satellite brakes

Hookwright

Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Wondering if it is possible to just add a brake booster and have power brakes? I currently have drums front and rear would like to stay original but be a little easier on the legs.

Don't see why not.My 68 Valiant has them, factory Power drum brakes.

Power drum brakes were on a lot of them. My '70 road runner has them so all the parts will be available.

www.musclecarbrakes.com

Not power, but a dramatic improvement. Since getting the brakes in a box kit, I feel no need for power or discs. I don't make three or more high-speed stops in a row. Ever. 11" Hemi Drums. Now have good modulation and straight smooth stops.

As long as you get a good dual diaphram booster, you will need the backing plate and bell crank assembly to attach to brake pedal and your ready to go. I did that set up and it worked great, then the upgrade to discs was easy from there, but I am all for keeping her stock. i know Classic industries has the backing plate and bell crank (a little pricy) but the booster you can get at advance auto parts (you can look up 68-70 any b body or even a monoco) Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back