• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 seat frames sold by Jegs & OER

MOPLUM345

Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
New high back bucket seat frames left: 691-ME861010 & right: 1011 listed as “1970-74 Challenger only” by Jegs & OER. My question to those who know. Aren’t these frames the same for 1970 A, B, and E body cars? Only the mounts, foam and upholstery differ. I need to know for my 70 RR so I can order them.

New high back bucket seat frames left: 691-ME861010 & right: 1011 listed as “1970-74 Challenger only” by Jegs & OER. My question to those who know. Aren’t these frames the same for 1970 A, B, and E body cars? Only the mounts, foam and upholstery differ. I need to know for my 70 RR so I can order them.
As far as I understand, the frames are the same. I searched online and came up with a string on this site. short version - 70/71(early) B-body, A-body (years?) and E-body bucket seat frames are the same. The bucket seat tracks are 1-year for a 70 b-body. I just ordered a set of those frames myself. Wow, hard to believe they're available

Yes A, B and E share the same frames and backs. Most reproduction parts people don't know what all their parts fit.

Yeah, when I did the high backs for my ‘70 wannabee I stripped five random frames from a pile of ’70 to ‘72 B and E seats and mixed and matched to make two good seats. They were all the same. If you can weld they are even interchangeable side to side, you just have to move the latch mount.

Auto Transport Service
Back