• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 AO4 package

moparmarks

I'm just a guy with a screwdriver.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
My 71 SSP has the AO4 package. GG's book says it should have power windows but my doesn't. Car has everything else listed in the AO4 package.
Any ideas?? Is GG wrong, again?

The white books contain a range of possible items with the package code. The A04 package was available on models all the way from, say, Valiants to Imperials but what was actually IN the package could vary by the model. It would be too cumbersome to list every specific combination for every model in the white book. Even the white books tell you to consult the data books for specific items.

A better place to look for specific package items is the library at Hamtramck Historical.

Yes a Sebring Plus.
The radio and antenna are missing so my earlier statement about everything being there is incorrect.
Code is fron the 4th line of the fender tag. AO1 AO4 B41 B51. St Louis buit car.
SPD is 225

The link Darryl posted will take you to the data book and show you what items were in the A04 Basic group.

Thanks guys. That page doesn't list power windows on the Satellites. Question answered. Car does have the wiper, mirror and p/s.

The white books contain a range of possible items with the package code. The A04 package was available on models all the way from, say, Valiants to Imperials but what was actually IN the package could vary by the model. It would be too cumbersome to list every specific combination for every model in the white book. Even the white books tell you to consult the data books for specific items.

A better place to look for specific package items is the library at Hamtramck Historical.

Doug is correct and I was going to give you the same info but forgot to add it. I don't think a power antenna was even available on anything but C & D bodies in 1971 but you did not state what your model was in your first post.

Sorry, I just call it an SSP and you assumed right. Agree, never seen a power antenna on a B-body.

My Charger apparently got a powered antenna from factory.

sure being assemblied in Venezuela, things changed.

I know for sure the powered antenna deal because the Radio got the blue remote wire pigtail and there was a blue wires harness pair running allong the glovebox up to kick panel WITH CHRYSLER LABEL ON IT.

Of course the antenna was unexistant when I got the car.

My Charger apparently got a powered antenna from factory.

sure being assemblied in Venezuela, things changed.

I know for sure the powered antenna deal because the Radio got the blue remote wire pigtail and there was a blue wires harness pair running allong the glovebox up to kick panel WITH CHRYSLER LABEL ON IT.

Of course the antenna was unexistant when I got the car.

Yes, but what year is your car? We are talking 71 here in this thread.

nothing more than a blue wire coming out from the same Radio you have in USA, from same chassis hole the power wires comes out. At the end I opened the radio to look at where this wire was attached, to convert the AM/FM radio I got also to trigg out the new powered antena. Used in fact same wire just moved out from the original AM radio it was to the AM/FM I installed

Ya but that little blue wire makes it special in that we here in the US don't have that on those radios.

trust me that IS EASY to add it on any of our stock radios. I can tell you where to sold the wire to get the trigger out

Auto Transport Service
Back