• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 gtx body replacement

Im trying to find out how many had factory ac n sunroof also but i know this one is rare it was true blue black interior
No way to know on any combinations of options (Chrysler didn't track combos other than engine/trans combos). Around 1,146 GTXs came with A/C, but only around 32 came with the power sunroof.

Roof skin from a Charger should work.

The factory sun roof holes had a rolled/stamped edge.

Might be difficult to do if you're thinking about cutting a hole in a non SR roof.

Totally repairable, porta power and some heat and lots of patience not to mention a lot of hammer and dolly work but its doable.

On the topic of the missing fender tag - it will be impossible to recreate an accurate tag even if you have a good accounting of the colors and options that you see on the car currently. There are a couple of things on fender tags that you will not be able to sort out exactly - one being the scheduled production date (the date the factory estimated the car would be heading down the assembly line). The other is the vehicle order number - that is a 6-digit alpha/numeric code that originates with either the factory or the dealership when the car is initially ordered. That being said, if this car was built at the St. Louis assembly plant, there is a good chance that there is a broadcast sheet inside the car somewhere. The broadcast sheet would have those two items on it. If in the car, the best places to look are in the seat springs of both the front and back seats, taped to the top outside portion of the glove box insert, or under the carpet somewhere. Good luck!

Roof skin from a Charger should work.

The factory sun roof holes had a rolled/stamped edge.

Might be difficult to do if you're thinking about cutting a hole in a non SR roof.
My friend made a wooden buck and rolled the edges of the roof after cutting the opening. I just put a sunroof in my 70 Daytona Charger clone. I grafted the sunroof opening into the roof. If the existing sunroof opening can be straightened you can do it that way as well.

20221128_185122.jpg

20221128_185157.jpg

20221128_185237.jpg

20221128_185246.jpg

20221210_163832.jpg

20221210_163848.jpg

On the topic of the missing fender tag - it will be impossible to recreate an accurate tag even if you have a good accounting of the colors and options that you see on the car currently. There are a couple of things on fender tags that you will not be able to sort out exactly - one being the scheduled production date (the date the factory estimated the car would be heading down the assembly line). The other is the vehicle order number - that is a 6-digit alpha/numeric code that originates with either the factory or the dealership when the car is initially ordered. That being said, if this car was built at the St. Louis assembly plant, there is a good chance that there is a broadcast sheet inside the car somewhere. The broadcast sheet would have those two items on it. If in the car, the best places to look are in the seat springs of both the front and back seats, taped to the top outside portion of the glove box insert, or under the carpet somewhere. Good luck!
While this is in fact true in the end it would not really matter as there are not many people if any who would know or be able to tell that those 2 items were incorrect.

Auto Transport Service
Back