• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 GTX Convertible

Dibbons

Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
I'll take two.

https://www.hemmings.com/classified...RCmocAXmxPIfXlFOj7CzTe5iZtbaq1i9IxZVRM4QtiT9g

gtx convertible.jpg

That car belongs to my friends Gary and Pam, I donated the convertible top frame to the project.

Nice ride, right there

Similar one on ebay a few years ago.

Looks good with top down and just as good an a E body with the top up.

better look a 71/74 convertible B body than 68/70 Chargers. The hardest part is replicate the quarter window opening shape ( to not say imposible ), hence why it looks like an E body I guess

better look a 71/74 convertible B body than 68/70 Chargers. The hardest part is replicate the quarter window opening shape ( to not say imposible ), hence why it looks like an E body I guess
Now that's not playing nice !
20200831_134614.jpg

The convertible top frame header was reworked to correctly fit the windshield frame, all the stainless trim for the windshield was hand formed, the convertible top boot area moldings were also hand formed as well. The rear quarter windows were specially made by a glass foundry. All factory B and E body convertible cars have different side glass shapes than their hardtop counterparts. Extensive work was done on the car to achieve a factory level of fit and function on this yellow 71 GTX convertible.

sure, I just said it looks alike... I like that job on the GTX

and sorry, I think a 2nd gen Charger without the extended C pillar doesn't look anymore as a Charger LOL

8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG
The missing C pillar doesn't bother me one bit when I am cruising around in my convertible Charger with the roof down! Convertible cars weren't for everyone, that's why there are so few of them. I got seven other Chargers with C pillars to look at!

Last edited:
Nice Car!!!

But still is just something like a Coronet with a 70 Charger front clip from some point of view! I rather preffer a 70 convertible Coronet ( which is in fact one of my dreamed cars ). Hey don't misunderstand my comment! I understand having 7 Chargers is nice to have another one to play and make experiments with it!

It's all Charger from the front bumper to the rear bumper and everything in between.

Auto Transport Service
Back