• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 gtx

1971GTX1

Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
I had the itch to get another GTX after selling my 1970 7 years ago. I wound up finding a 1971 matching number car for a decent deal that needs restoration.
The front end of the car is apart and we are going to be installing new inner fenders and floors next weekend.

Only thing I do not like about it is its green/green/green (Sherwood metalic) so I might change the color.

Congrats on the GTX score, you know what we want to see ... :headbang:

I personally would keep the color original no matter what it is. being a triple color car. more desirable imho.
keep us updated with the progress.

Hi, welcome! :wav:
Sounds like a great car, I hope you can upload a picture or three to show us. :)

sounds like a great car
love the 71 GTX's

welcome to FBBO

Here are some pictures of my old 1970 GTX that i sold 7 years ago
IMG_0581.JPGIMG_0582.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

These are pictures of my 1971 GTX that i recently picked up, the last one is of it in the garage with the nose taken off in preparation for the inner fenders to be put in...next will be front and rear floors.

IMG_1015.jpgIMG_0982.jpgIMG_1058.jpg

Here's some inspiration to leave it Green. I would only change the top to Black.
RonDSC01029.JPGDSC01033.JPGDSC01038.JPGDSC01045.JPGDSC01048.JPGDSC01049.JPGDSC01051.JPG

GREAT COLOR COMBO RJS!

I agree, green is a great color...Everyone has RED...

In my opinion, TRENDS set colors...and the idiot collectors all wanted Red, Black colors...
Lets help bring the muscle car market back to its roots!

great color combo rjs!

I agree, green is a great color...everyone has red...

In my opinion, trends set colors...and the idiot collectors all wanted red, black colors...
Lets help bring the muscle car market back to its roots!

only wish it was mine!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice 70 you had. The 71 is going to be a really cool car whe n your done I'm sure.

Welcome to FBBO, You`re going to fit right in on this site! :eek:hyes: Thanks for the pics & Good Luck ,with your 71. :buffer:

Auto Transport Service
Back