• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 440 valley tray insulation

Davison

Local time
2:58 PM
Reaction score
On the '72 Road Runner 440-4: I have been told that I am missing the heat/sound insulation between the valley tray and the intake manifold. It is supposed to be a fiberglass and aluminum insulation that fits between both. Is this correct and does anyone make/have this art? I can't seem to find it in any of the Mopar parts sellers. Thanks

We never normally reused them. But from time to time we did make them. The heaviest aluminum foil and a chunk of fiberglass insulation. I cant say I have ever seen them sold or reproduced. However there could be someplace that makes them.

Last edited:
Yep, pretty sure thats where I got mine from.

I thought those were used on C bodies for noise reduction. I never have seen one on a HP motor and Ive been tinkering since 1975.

I thought those were used on C bodies for noise reduction. I never have seen one on a HP motor and Ive been tinkering since 1975.
Parts manual makes no reference to what car line got it. Parts manual just says silencer package 1879747 for 383-440 engines.

Last edited:
I had a '66 Sport Fury that had a 383 two barrel. When I pulled the intake to put on a four barrel, there was a dirty, oily, messy tinfoil pack under there. I didn't know what it was, and just threw it away.

On the '72 Road Runner 440-4: I have been told that I am missing the heat/sound insulation between the valley tray and the intake manifold. It is supposed to be a fiberglass and aluminum insulation that fits between both. Is this correct and does anyone make/have this art? I can't seem to find it in any of the Mopar parts sellers. Thanks
Thanks. It looks like it should be there. I'll try the two sources posted to see if they have any in stock.

Auto Transport Service
Back