• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Plymouth OIL change goof, twice.

I usually produce a complete ATF+4 pond under the car when I service my 727. i finally got a trans pan with a drain plug . why in the hell every 904 and 727 trans pan didn't come from the manufacturer with a drain plug welded in I will never understand

I spill too...we all do, right?

I changed the oil on my Subaru WRX STI last weekend. It's got a real pain in the *** plastic undertray which is a bitch to remove with a combination of plastic clips and bolts. There are access hatches for the drain plug and filter but I always like to remove the tray altogether to give everything a wipe down and inspection. I also have to jack the car up as it's too low to get underneath.
Anyway, I'd finished the oil change, put the tools away and cleaned up. Re-checked the oil level and it needed another half a liter, thought I could pour it in using supreme skill and accuracy without the funnel. Well, it burped out oil from the container, all over the place, which all settled in that damn undertray. Got the jack back out of the trunk, got the tools back out again....

I LOVE it!
Ha Ha...
I was in a rush one morning changing the oil (Mobil 1) in the Tundra and also multi-tasking BTW
Yup, new filter on, (WIX) and poured the oil in up top....only to remember after the 4th Quart that I didn't install the drain plug!
Ha Ha
PS: thank GOD it wasn't the RAM 2500 4X4 Cummings Longhorn !!

:thumbsup:
I worked in a truck stop in 1968 on the night shift. My friend worked in the oil change section. One night he forgot to put the plug back in a Truck. He put in about 2 gallons before he stopped and looked into the pit. Oh what a mess.

Auto Transport Service
Back