• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Plymouth Road Runner 440/4Spd - Radiator/Heater Core Ideas

4404ME

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
Yup, me again!

So, today the questions are regarding the replacement of my radiator and heater core. I just spent some time looking at various manufacturers, and thought why am I doing this when I could be asking the experts?

As many of you know, 2022 - 1972 = 50! While my current radiator has never failed me, I figure the odds are no longer in my favor. So, I'm thinking of replacing the stock unit with an upgrade, and I would like to purchase a heater core from the same manufacturer, if that's possible. My car is No A/C, and I never plan on adding A/C.

What say you?

Thanks!

There is no "upgrade" from a factory radiator. If it's not clogged or leaking carry on. If it is leaking, have it re-cored.

Send the heater core to Gley Ray. Repops don’t fit right. If the radiator works fine leave it. When you do want it done send it to Glen Ray. They are only original once.

Just a warning, heater cores labeled with A/C or without A/C are different and do not interchange! There was a time when only one style of replacement was available. Learned this the hard way!

When replacing a heater core in a 93 Cummins W250 we went through 6 heater cores before we found one that the inlet/outlet tubes were bent close enough to the OEM unit that we could make it work. So if the OEM unit is working, send it out for cleaning and small repairs before tossing it in the garbage and trying to install some horrible new garbage!

Auto Transport Service
Back