• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Charger Tail/Brake lights

wcwilliam

Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
Im a lurker, hardly post, but I have seemed to confuse myself. I started messing with my car a few years ago, replacing the wiring harness with one from Painless. Well as we know, that turned into a total rebuild lasting 5 years. Im nearing the finish line, wrapping up the last bit of electrical. Now im to the tail light section.

My question is pretty easy, but iv forgotten. These bulbs are integrated. In each tail light housing there are three bulbs, outside and middle bulb is 1157, and the inside bulbs are reverse 1156. Easy. My question is on the turn signals and tail lights.
Are the outside bulbs on these third gens the tail/turn? And are the middle bulbs, tail/brake? It seems obvious that should be the case, but id rather ask here before I crimp and heat shrink, causing more double work.
Thank you to whomever clears up my silly confusion.

Negative. I’m asking for locations of turn and brake. I have wiring diagrams for all my mopars laminated on 3x5 foot sheets in my shop. All I need is somebody to hit a turn signal, walk to the rear, and confirm the turn locations. Also this is not an origional harness. I’m 99% sure my origional post is correct, just looking for confirmation.

Both 1157s work the same on each tailight side. No diff turning &/or brakes bulbs on each assembly. When you turn, both will light up the same, when you brake both will light up the same.

When you turn and brake at the same time, the turning side will blink up and the opposite side will light up indicating brake.

Both 1157s work the same on each tailight side. No diff turning &/or brakes bulbs on each assembly. When you turn, both will light up the same, when you brake both will light up the same.

When you turn and brake at the same time, the turning side will blink up and the opposite side will light up indicating brake.

ahhhh, thank you sir!!!! Much appreciated!!!

Hey Nacho, Are you on Turbo Dodge too? I have a 85 Omni with the inter-cooler conversion. Just curious.

Auto Transport Service
Back