• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Roadrunner 340 Stock exhaust with tips

Builderguy

Builderguy
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score
Looking to put on the same exhaust system that this 340 came with but not NOS or even OEM. Just needs to look correct and fit the factory hangers. Looking for something less expensive than Accurate's system. I see that Jegs has one but it is for a Hooker header setup, not the stock manifolds. I may have to use Jegs and just change to a different head pipe. Anyone put stock back on and where did you get it from? Thanks in advance.

Looking to put on the same exhaust system that this 340 came with but not NOS or even OEM. Just needs to look correct and fit the factory hangers. Looking for something less expensive than Accurate's system. I see that Jegs has one but it is for a Hooker header setup, not the stock manifolds. I may have to use Jegs and just change to a different head pipe. Anyone put stock back on and where did you get it from? Thanks in advance.

I made some printed copies of the stock exhaust set up from the FSM and headed to my local muffler shop. They bent me up a reasonable facsimile in about half a day. I supplied the tips I got from eBay.... and done.

I think sometimes we forgett the local shops able to make everykind of jobs they are dedicated for living on a way cheaper price than the sets already made ( and paying shipping ). Exhaust shops, upholstery shops and stuff like that!!!!

I can say in fact, the seat covers made by the local upholstery shop in Caracas when I changed from blue to white interior fit WAY BETTER than the legendary set I got later... and looked AMAZING.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25060.jpg

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25060.jpg

The legendary covers I got later to replace these when they got accidentally some cuts and damages fit with ugly wrinkles all around!!! I didn't like them but now I have to live with them.

just an opinion.

Last edited:
Waldron starts around $400 for a basic system. Probably your best bet for what you are looking for.

I think sometimes we forgett the local shops able to make everykind of jobs they are dedicated for living on a way cheaper price than the sets already made ( and paying shipping ). Exhaust shops, upholstery shops and stuff like that!!!!

I can say in fact, the seat covers made by the local upholstery shop in Caracas when I changed from blue to white interior fit WAY BETTER than the legendary set I got later... and looked AMAZING.

View attachment 983042
View attachment 983043

The legendary covers I got later to replace these when they got accidentally some cuts and damages fit with ugly wrinkles all around!!! I didn't like them but now I have to live with them.

just an opinion.

Nacho,

that’s a sweat charger you got there.

Nacho,

that’s a sweat charger you got there.
Thanks. Pics are 12 years old. Now it's on jackstands with parts all spreaded out along a Body/paint shop lol. Fixing deep rust issues and correcting quarter panels which I never was happy on previous jobs.

I just finished redoing the bodywork on mine. Had some rust issues to deal with. Now complete....

79F934B8-0525-4E6F-97A3-7B123B72C24A.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back