• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Roadrunner door latch assembly

Jbol74

Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me if a front door latch assembly from a 4 door 1973 coronet or satellite will work with my 1973 roadrunner? Any help is appreciated

when I needed to fix/replace my driver side door latch remember I searched on parts catalog and found they are different PN... so I guess they won't work.

Part inside the door?

Left or right?

Let me see what side I have extra.

They used to make minor changes mid year, don't know why. I know I have a latch in my 73 that is from a 74 and said it was a different part number but works fine.
Anyway, go to my site and download the Collision manual. But here is the snip.
http://www.retrorarities.com/1973-74SatelliteCollision.pdf
LatchCapture.JPG

sometimes the diff between years for same model could be revised versions?... But I guess a diff pn on same year won't be the case. Just thinking out loud

I've felt the only differences between latches within a latch family were with the release levers, that I believe could be easily swapped with a little work and a welder.

1972 Satellite 4Dr latches, both passenger side. Front door latch on the left with remote rods, rear door latch on the right.

IMG_1600.JPG
IMG_1601.JPG
IMG_1602.JPG
IMG_1603.JPG

Thanks everyone!! Looks like I need part number 3695453. I have a used one. I was just wondering if part number 3695451 would work because I can get a brand new one

Auto Transport Service
Back