• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Satellite Control Arm Bumper upper

r0yce

Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm midst rebuilding my front suspension.
I bought a rebuild kit and was wondering if those upper bumpers are even needed as I didn't see any while disassmbling the suspension. If yes, where are they located?
Pic is for reference:
99103G.jpg

Appreciate any help!

Is that from a 1973 model? I had a swift look through the chassis manual and couldnt see that bumper in there aswell. Also, I didnt see it while disassembling my front suspension

That's how it looked completely disassembled:
KKVZgHq.png

There seems to be no mount for said bumper.

I found this in the chassis manual:
mAxrxjk.png

There's the bumper but in my upper control arm, there was just a plastic disc, not the actual bumper

Pop the disc out and bolt the bumper there. Is the disc bolted on? Perhaps the old bumper dry rotted and fell off.

Yep, it's bolted on (Sorry, no pic from below at the moment):
pPMDcju.png

But it looks like it's supposed to be there. Too clean to have fallen off.
Thanks a lot!

Yes.

They stop metal to metal contact if the suspension bottoms or hyper-extends.

...and at 100 Ft/Lbs, it's the tightest (and smallest) thing on there.

That's how it looked completely disassembled:
View attachment 1188148
There seems to be no mount for said bumper.

I found this in the chassis manual:
View attachment 1188151

There's the bumper but in my upper control arm, there was just a plastic disc, not the actual bumper

It's not plastic it is the metal plate that the rubber was attached to...the rubber part has fallen off.

I'll take a look on friday and report back with a pic

Quote,: "and at 100 Ft/Lbs, it's the tightest (and smallest) thing on there." end quote. Actually its 200 inch pounds according to the FSM picture.

oops, saw the "C" nearby and missed the line to "A".

Hope I didn't crank mine to 100

Quote,: "and at 100 Ft/Lbs, it's the tightest (and smallest) thing on there." end quote. Actually its 200 inch pounds according to the FSM picture.
Tight is the proper torque. You can use a combination wrench, a ratchet and a socket, or a impact tool as long as you know when to let off the trigger.

Auto Transport Service
Back