• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Sebring “plus?” Need help determining if I should sell this or restore it? Value as is?

You can probably sell the hood alone for $700. These cars are becoming harder and harder to come by.

I'm a fan of making it run and drive, making some new memories in it, and then deciding what you want to do. At the end of the day, it's a 51 year old car. They won't ever be made again. Part it out, run it into the ground, spiff it up...it just depends on what you have going on and your priorities. I cuss and whine about my beater 73, but at the end of the day, I love having it and working on it even if it will never be worth anything.
It's a Roadkill episode waiting to happen!

It's a Roadkill episode waiting to happen!
Yup.

It's a SB car, but if you have no title, walk from it or part it out. If you have a clear title, do a little research in it's condition, power-wash the **** out of it to clean it up, see if it'll run and Roadkill the heck out of it and just have fun.

It'll never be worth much except as a fun beater.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would spend exactly $150 on the car. You will get more satisfaction out of that car by sending it back to your Dad, and having the towing company plunk it down square in his way. It will be the best $300 lesson you will learn in the hobby. Then, go about finding the car that suits you best, without help from your Dad, satisfaction guaranteed!

I got 2. You got more than what I got in both. Honestly ! There are no repopped parts for these body styles meaning that there are only 2 years that have this specific body style. 1975 went boxy family style. It has to have that certain appeal to redo 1 of these. My '73 is a Roadrunner and needs a lot of work. My '74 is a satellite and has more going for it than '73, but the '73's worth more money. I'll tell you this. Look it over. Look it over good. AMD does not pop any panels for it yet, nothing. I will say this. If you do decide to redo it. Make it your own. Make it reflect your personality. Reflect you. Good luck!

The hood and engine are worth something.
Hood's worth $150- $250 if it's not beaten / rusty. Engine? Depends on which Lo-block it is . Dist's in the front 383 / 400. We already know it's 318 car. 2nd is a Satellite as well. Question is,,,,,,,, which version of Satellite is it? Sun Burst edition is worth more than the base models.

He’s just an asshole and an Indian giver. His excuse was I hadn’t restored it at the age 19 when I made $6 an hour at bi-lo. I asked him how many he has completed….0 he has tons of classic cars and is just stingy and a jerk. I hate I spend the $150 to have it towed home now. Should have just left it in his way.
No. There's guys in your area that has been parting out cars / mopars for a while . You just need to find them. Krispy Kritters on FB is 1. The other is UNDER1981\USED ORIGINAL CAR & TRUCK PARTS\TENNESSEE\TN,JUNK YARDS he's in your area as well. I've bought from both.

Need pics of; the trunk floor, under front carpet, frame where torsion bars attach and where rear springs attach front and rear, bottom of rear window and cowl area below the front window with leaves removed. Those are the usual rust areas.

Looks worth restoring to me for a driver. Not too desirable of body style, but it has all the windows and trim and not been crashed and metal is not rusted through, clean it up remove carpet, pressure wash and it should sell on EBay for 3-5k, hood and motor/trans would be worth $1000 alone.

Should have put RR title in your name when given to you, probably got offered too much money for it.
Take 2 look at the VIN and anybody that's got any knowledge will see that it's not a RR. As for the motor & trans. A-833's go for around $500 average, Hood's like I said $150-$250 depending on the rust. Although I will agree on 1 thing $3,000 - $5,000 will depend on who wants it and the condition. There are other way around worrying about what parts are & aren't repopped and what you do with the car.

Make it a "Ratty Satty" and have fun with it, get it sea worthy. Who knows once you get it running and driving you may or may not take the next step, if not it will make it easier to sell, since it would be a running and driving car.

When is the last time you priced parts?

I'll take all the non-rusty 250 dollar 73/74 RR hoods you can find for me, and I'll also take all the complete $500 833 non-OD transmissions.

I paid $200 for a decent RR hood 12 years ago, and that was a good deal then.
I bought an 833 OD trans between then and now for $500 and that was a good deal.

The last 73/74 RR hood I saw for sale was $650 and full of bondo, before that one was $750 and not as nice an mine.

I've seen two non-OD 833's go for $1000 in the last 3 years, and those were good deals.
Price one from Brewers.

AMD did make quarter patch panels but has since stopped, so they exist and could possibly be found.

OP's car has the body style specific quarter corner rust.

My bet is the cowl is rusty, too. Check that before doing any thing else.

Last edited:
Honestly, those years are starting to come up if you ask me

I’ve seen those models sell for a pretty penny compared to what they wear 5 to 10 years ago, of course

Yes, the more popular years are the models but honestly, this is one of those few cars that’s coming up

I like the car I would get it running maybe keep the patina just to see how you feel about it then if you still feel like you really want a 68 then maybe you can sell it and get more for it however, keep in mind 68 to 70 cars are a lot more expensive

So much hate and negativity on this subject.. if this was any flavor of G2 Charger these same heros would be screaming to “save” it and restore it. Hate to break it to those in that camp but not everyone has or even wants a one of the “apex”’cars.

This is still a Mopar 2 door car worthy of some love unless it is rotted to the ground. Doesn’t have to be a show pony, just something to enjoy and have some fun in.

I agree about the title deal, definitely need that before really doing much. I’d probably try and fire it anyway and see if it moves under its own power just for the hell of it.

When is the last time you priced parts?

I'll all take the non-rusty 250 dollar 73/74 RR hoods you can find for me, and I'll also take all the complete $500 833 non-OD transmissions.

I paid $200 for a decent RR hood 12 years ago, and that was a good del then.
I bought an 833 OD trans between then and now for $500 and that was a good deal.

The last 73/74 RR hood I saw for sale was $650 and full of bondo, before that one was $750 and not as nice an mine.

I've seen two non-OD 833's go for $1000 in the last 3 years, and those were good deals.
Price one from Brewers.

AMD did make quarter patch panels but has since stopped, so they exist and could possibly be found.

OP's car has the body style specific quarter corner rust.

My bet is the cowl is rusty, too. Check that before doing any thing else.
Then apparently we don't shop at the same place because I paid $125 for my RR hood and it doesn't have any bomdo in it. As for the 833, I got 1 sitting in mine right now and I offered it plus bell housing flywheel and contents to another for $500, complete. Your right about AMD, don't make repop anymore. Finding them,,,,,,,,,,, maybe in someone's warehouse and even then probably don't know what they have. As for everything else. agreed. Look it over really good. It makes a difference.

Honestly, those years are starting to come up if you ask me

I’ve seen those models sell for a pretty penny compared to what they wear 5 to 10 years ago, of course

Yes, the more popular years are the models but honestly, this is one of those few cars that’s coming up

I like the car I would get it running maybe keep the patina just to see how you feel about it then if you still feel like you really want a 68 then maybe you can sell it and get more for it however, keep in mind 68 to 70 cars are a lot more expensive
I agree!!!!! Even Ol' Stacy David had 1 he was redoing on his show , but according to what I personally found out by asking his webpage moderator said that medical circumstances he had to stop and the owner sold it on Ebay. So it was never finished.

My father gave me a 1968 roadrunner 383 4 speed car for my hs graduation present. When I returned a few years later he sold it like a dick didn’t give me the money and ended up giving me this 73 Sebring on way worse shape he claims is “more desirable” haha yea right. But my friend says it’s barely worth $1000 as it sits and won’t be worth anymore than I put into it. It has a 400 big block from what I can tell and transmission. Supposedly ran when parked 15-20 years now. Do I have a useless turd worth $1000 as parts car or since I got it for free is it worth all the money and time restoring it? Just feel like it’s not the car to put all my money and time in is all but even though I got screwed I’m still a nice guy and don’t want to sell something someone gave me. Sounds so dumb caring about him when he sold the 68 roadrunner I spent so much time in as a child. I had feelings for that car. Thanks for you guys time for any answers you may give. Just don’t give me a good answer then sell it to someone else when I’m not looking…. Lol

View attachment 1617245

View attachment 1617246

View attachment 1617247

View attachment 1617248

View attachment 1617249

View attachment 1617250

View attachment 1617251

View attachment 1617252

View attachment 1617253

View attachment 1617254
Mopar or no car, these cars are getting rare, I have a 73 roadrunner 340 auto on the floor, even though yours is a satellite you have the ever sought after RR hood on it. As others have said get it running and driving restore it while you drive it. Satellite values are not the same as roadrunners but are increasing, once you start getting thumbs up and people looking at your car all the time and commenting on it she just might grow on you a little more,she looks in decent shape. Get the bill of sale or any document signed by your father that he gave you the car and apply for a lost title and enjoy the smoky burnouts, you cannot buy these cars down the street at the used car dealer anymore. Have fun.

That car is a good start get it running at least it is a good starting point and make it a tribute car or any way you want it a little at a time you be glad you did !!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

IMG_0001.jpg

The 73-74 B-bodies are truly under appreciated. I had people say not to waste money on my 74 Charger Rallye 360. Just drive it the way it was with peeling paint, ratty interior and engine compartment. My grandson and I put alot of time in it. In the end, I was in it about $9k. I gave it to him when it was done. Here's a couple photos of it. I eliminated the side stripes and vinyl top.
Terry W.

Challenger and Charger 2022 No. 1.jpg

Feb 23 2021.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back