• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 SE Door Badging OEM Location?

Gold Rush

Local time
12:58 AM
Reaction score
I have searched and searched but there seems to be a number of opinions how far from the door leading edge to set the closest piece. On the driver side that is the CHARGER emblem but on the passenger side it's the arrow.

I think everyone agrees the distance between the A Line and the top of the Arrow is 8.5 inches but the door leading edge to closest emblem is a crap shoot!

Does anyone have a no kidding unmolested '74 SE that would measure both sides for me?

Last edited:
I have searched and searched but there seems to be a number of opinions how far from the door leading edge to set the closest piece. On the driver side that is the CHARGER emblem but on the passenger side it's the arrow.

I think everyone agrees the distance between the A Line and the top of the Arrow is 8.5 inches but the door leading edge to closest emblem is a crap shoot!

Does anyone have a no kidding unmolested '74 SE that would measure both sides for me?
I'm a bit surprised nobody has offered up the measurements by now. Probably not a lot of unmolested '74 SE Chargers out there...

His a friends survivor 73 that he sent me with measurements.
I confess, when I did mine, I evened them up just a bit from the door end, but this was a good guide. I think I did 3 inches.
Hope it helps.

dr s door (1224 x 1632).jpg

ps door (1632 x 1224).jpg

His a friends survivor 73 that he sent me with measurements.
I confess, when I did mine, I evened them up just a bit from the door end, but this was a good guide. I think I did 3 inches.
Hope it helps

I'm thinking that is what I'm going to do also. The arrow is just under 3" so that would look symmetrical. Just can't bring myself to have them mismatched a full inch. :D

You could likley look at 10 different survivors and get 10 different measurements. I would match them so they are symmetrical.

Auto Transport Service
Back