• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Roadrunner and new to the forum

75's another one year only ,keep this post going lets see some 75 RR's :headbang:

Here's one i had saved from the internet, i like this one to with the color scheme on it.. May as well share, I love the back end view on this.. wish i had a couple more for you guys, but, no go...

mpr231.jpg

Hey drodg - are you going to swap out the gas tank for the smaller 20 gallon tank to more easily fit the duals? That's my plan when I get to the exhaust ... seems like there are more off-the-shelf options. Also, going to keep the stock heads with the new cam I guess? I'm curious about the cam. Somewhere down the road I may swap it out on the cam, but wonder how much power can be gotten from these low compression engines ... new guy and all.

Been to cold and now there's snow so I can't coem up with a few more pictures of my 75

Hey drodg - are you going to swap out the gas tank for the smaller 20 gallon tank to more easily fit the duals? That's my plan when I get to the exhaust ... seems like there are more off-the-shelf options. Also, going to keep the stock heads with the new cam I guess? I'm curious about the cam. Somewhere down the road I may swap it out on the cam, but wonder how much power can be gotten from these low compression engines ... new guy and all.

I actually ended up putting the smaller tank in and put duals on. It looks good. I put on a thermoquad from a 360 and put a stock original profile 340 cam in it. No headers and stock 3.21 rear end. I drove it today for the first time with the carb and cam. It has much better punch at mid range than the stock cam/two barrel but kinda suprised it doesn't have more pull of the line unless I really put my foot into it. I like the cam as it has a nice lumpy idle though still smooth. It is a nice set up but this got way more expensive than I thought it would be.

- - - Updated - - -

The cam is the Mopar listed factory original 268/276 advertised duration.

hi, sparkknock here,
im new to the site as of today and just recently bought one also and did not no about the 20 gallon tank option?
is this a option that was available with the car or do u find a smaller tank from another model?
thanks for any info to find a 20 gallon tank?
sparkknock.

hi, sparkknock here,
im new to the site as of today and just recently bought one also and did not no about the 20 gallon tank option?
is this a option that was available with the car or do u find a smaller tank from another model?
sparkknock.

Check Ebay. What year did you get?

hi, sparkknock here,
sparkknock.
sparkknock - welcome to the site. What car do you have? I haven't started a dual exhaust conversion yet, but have read (I think on this forum) that this website will have the 20 gallon tank you need for easy dual exhaust on a B body. It's new, about $400 I think. You could pick up a used one but then would have to worry about corrosion, cleaning it out, etc.

http://ecat.spectrapremium.com/ProduitsVehicules/vehicule/000041543

Nice car. Gratz.

One of my first cars was a 75 Coronet Custom 2 door. Looked much like that. Loved that car. Still do, even though i was dumb enough to sell it. Mind you, i traded it for a 74 Charger (which i was then dumb enough to roll end over end in the ditch and total)

I have a 78 Doba with the 25 gallon tank on it. and I have dual exhaust from the engine back. Then the guy I traded to cut out 1/2 of it. Now I have to redo it all over again this time with headers.

- - - Updated - - -

i went to a swap meet last summer and found this car in the car corral, its a 77 sport fury with a 383 from texas. i have close to 100 cars and sold and scrapped probably few thousand cars because i have been in the towing racket for over 20 years and i have never ever seen a car this clean!! its looks like it had a complete restoration but i think it just sat in a garage in texas most of its life?
after i bought it, i was scrolling threw different links about b-bodys and found my car on this website and a member that goes by the username "scratch" was the owner of this car and had it 4 sale with a 440 years ago and sold it later on with a 383?
my plan is to clone it into a 75 roadrunner because i have been looking for a 75 rr for 10 years or more and all i find is really really rough junk or show cars? ,,now IM LOOKIN FOR one of those junkers for A PARTS CAR to get the dash rr finish panel, nice door panels, correct bumpers, and few other odds n ends.
the BIG QUESTION i have is, i need to change the quarter glass and trim to make it correct to the 75 rr. ANYBODY KNOW IF THIS CAN BE CONVERTED FROM A 77 SPORT COUPE TO A 75 HARDTOP? mine has like a post with a fiberglass trim around it and the 75 has the entire window area opened with a stationary quarter glass?
im checking to see if my car came with the 20 gallon tank so that i can run the duals out the back because scratch had turn down tips before the 8 3/4 rearend that he must have swapped with the 8 1/4?
i really love this car cause i had one in high school and brings back fantastic memories from the 70's when i drove it to florida spring break from michigan, concerts in detroit, and a lot of other good times!!

Last edited:
Sparkknock for the rear quarter window you would need to cut the post and modified the opening to allow the window from the hard top to be mounted and also you would need to install the mounting bracket for the window unless you can find the optional roll down crank assembly.
Also you would need to replace (both side)the roof weather strip rubber and channel and install the belt line at the bottom of the opening/quarter panel.
If I where you I would leave it like that, it is way too much body work .
That's what I did on my car I left the fixed quarter window alone.

SAM_1841 new.jpg
My mean machine :headbang:

Sparkknock for the rear quarter window you would need to cut the post and modified the opening to allow the window from the hard top to be mounted and also you would need to install the mounting bracket for the window unless you can find the optional roll down crank assembly.
Also you would need to replace (both side)the roof weather strip rubber and channel and install the belt line at the bottom of the opening/quarter panel.
If I where you I would leave it like that, it is way too much body work .
That's what I did on my car I left the fixed quarter window alone.

View attachment 100431
My mean machine :headbang:

I have seen this car some where before....Power Tour maybe?

Welcome and that is a nice road runner you got. These haven't been as well treated as their older brothers over the years, and most of the times I come across one it's about ready to be scrapped, so you definitely found a plum there.

Awesome 75's here. Keep 'em coming & take these babies out to the major car shows, we'd all love to see them !!

Auto Transport Service
Back