• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Roadrunner trivia

YES! 1975 Road Runners rock!

Top 10 Things about 75 Road Runners:

10 RM21 vin makes this part of the "cool kid club"
9 Standard Front disc brakes compensates for the lack of horse power
8 Cartoon bird head on dash emblem
7 Cartoon bird and "road Runner" placed on the door like the 69's
6 "Beep Beep" horn in that goofy purple color-standard
5 "up and over stripes" are way cool. Starsky loves them. Hutch is perplexed
4 "Tunnel Stripes" are even cooler.
3 Shag carpet just screams luxury. Luxury feels funny in a Road Runner
2 Nobody has an idea what kind of car it is

And the best thing about 1975 Road Runners:

It is a Road Runner!

I had a 78 Magnum, rear windows had a slotted effect covering them but did not roll down. Car had power everything.

What a shame that the engineering parts were there for all 75-79 b-bodies to have roll down rear windows on 2-door cars. Remember, the 2 door mid size car market was the sh@t in the late 70's. All GM offerings had fixed rear windows, my thinking is that cougar/t-bird was also fixed. Here was a niche, already there...gee with lean burn technology...ie..no cat and duals with ur 400HP P-code, crank out sunroof, and...roll down rear windows...I need a time machine. All that would have been necessary would have been a pistol grip 4-speed. I wonder how many b-bodies were made across all lines with roll down rear windows. Any numbers guys out there that could fill in the blanks?

View attachment 196839View attachment 196840View attachment 196841 Picture 223.jpgPicture 020.jpgPicture 059.jpgPicture 168.jpgPicture 229.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Picture 124.jpg1975 roadrunner blown supercharged daily driver grocery getter

In reply to the original question, all 75 RR's were true 2 door hardtops, meaning the rear windows went down. Also, 75's were all RM21 cars. In reply to the top 10 list, small correction on #6, Beep-beep horns were not purple, they were black.

In reply to the original question, all 75 RR's were true 2 door hardtops, meaning the rear windows went down. Also, 75's were all RM21 cars. In reply to the top 10 list, small correction on #6, Beep-beep horns were not purple, they were black.

Tony, haven't heard anything from you in a while....how is the '75 progressing? Do your back windows roll down? Mine are stationary.

Tony, haven't heard anything from you in a while....how is the '75 progressing? Do your back windows roll down? Mine are stationary.

Hey droptop. Car is progressing nicely. Drivetrain is complete. We're now in the process of redying the interior. Should start final assembly by the fall.
My windows all roll down.

Other trivia about the 75 road runner is that I believe it had more nameplates than any other mopar body - a total of four in all. The sport fury, dodge monaco, road runner, and charger all had this exact body at one point during the late 70's. The ONLY thing they changed from car to car was the grill. Despite that, this is got to be about one of the rarest bodies around...even though I'm a mopar guy I didn't know it existed until a few years ago...and I see very few of them compared to other mopars. NEVER do I see one at the local mopar shows or other car shows that I frequent.

Auto Transport Service
Back