• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 temp sensor replacement 318ci question intake manifold

JWKetron

Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
Good day,

Recently discovered the factory 1975 temp sensor that sits on top of the intake manifold has gone bad due to age. I have a replacement on hand. Is this a plug and play unit? I figure just need to drain some coolant, unscrew the original and screw in n the new replacement, put the electronic cap on. Tried to search in the factory chassis book with no success. Pictures attached of intake and new sensor.

17113764685923792731750744832612.jpg

20240319_110537.jpg

NO ! You're wrong ! You must use a Hewlett-Packard 5710-A dual-column gas chromatograph with flame analyzation detectors. Get a floor-model that's turbocharged. ( Just do what you posted... that's all. )

NO ! You're wrong ! You must use a Hewlett-Packard 5710-A dual-column gas chromatograph with flame analyzation detectors. Get a floor-model that's turbocharged. ( Just do what you posted... that's all. )
Do not worry “ grasshopper “ let the Force be with you !!

Do Whatchya said !
&
Mopar2ya!!! It will be “ good inda hood “…

John

I have some concern about the teflon tape on that sender. Many times that tape will not give you a good ground reference. When you get it installed, if you have a digital ohm meter, test from the brass nut (not the stud) to neg post on the battery. Hopefully you will have zero or close to it on your meter.
If not, your gauge will not give you a correct reading.
Personally, I like bare threads on any of those senders.

I have some concern about the teflon tape on that sender. Many times that tape will not give you a good ground reference. When you get it installed, if you have a digital ohm meter, test from the brass nut (not the stud) to neg post on the battery. Hopefully you will have zero or close to it on your meter.
If not, your gauge will not give you a correct reading.
Personally, I like bare threads on any of those senders.
Will do this, thank you for the advice!

Jon

Replacement sensor works like a charm, I can now see the temp of the engine. Thanks for the help.

Jon

20240326_193051.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back