• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Circa 1975 318ci 4-Barrel conversion Engine Timing Question

Pictures

Tell me, would a 340ci 4 barrel linkage from 1974 work to correct the distance for the proper resting place needing?

Jon

20240330_165951.jpg

20240330_165955.jpg

20240330_165959.jpg

20240330_170015.jpg

OK read this I would bet either it is a MP distributor or some one put really light after market springs in the distributor. Have a distributor number?

OK, yours is the flat bar and not the threaded rod.

You could cut, add a section, and reweld the bar...

You could also try a bolt through the slot, and nut to act as a stop for the peg.

Bouchillon kick down cable is another option.

Thank you for your input. I will check the distributor. Where should I look exactly for the number?

Jon
OK read this I would bet either it is a MP distributor or some one put really light after market springs in the distributor. Have a distributor number?

OK, yours is the flat bar and not the threaded rod.

You could cut, add a section, and reweld the bar...

You could also try a bolt through the slot, and nut to act as a stop for the peg.
Thank you the ideas, will start brainstorming.

Jon

I went ahead and purchased a 1974 4bbl 340/360 kick-down adjustable linkage shown in picture. Will make the fit and finish nice. Hope it fits. I already talked with the seller.

SmartSelect_20240331_200038_Email.jpg

I went ahead and purchased a 1974 4bbl 340/360 kick-down adjustable linkage shown in picture. Will make the fit and finish nice. Hope it fits. I already talked with the seller.

View attachment 1638908
THat is a step in the right direction. When you get it on and adjusted, if you have some slippage issues (hopefully not) you might want to drop the pan, adjust the bands and change fluid and filter. Like they say, "let's cross that bridge when we come to it."

Smog motor 318 dist pretty fast curve in it. Prob can have the lighter springs also. Bet thats most of the issue.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back