• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1977 440 in 1969 charger

jasonblinn

Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
i was wondering what all had to be done to install a 1977 440 in my 1969 charger with a 4 spd?

Whats the charger have...or had in it originally will really depend on the parts you will be needing to complete the install...if it was a big block itll fit, if not they make conversion kits to allow it to be installed.....auto or factory manual trans....youll need pedals, linkages, and a shifter conversion for the floor for starters......little more info would help tho

my car is an r/t,came with the 440.pedals are there.4 spd hump is there.i have the tranny.i was wondering on what all had to be done,since the 77 had the cast crank.and 69's came with the steel crank.did anybody run into this before?maybe balancing the flywheel???what about for the pilot bearing,i've read that some of the newer 440's did not have the hole for that???

I have had 2 cast crank 440's one was a 77 for a Power Wagon
and the crank was drilled for a pilot bushing
the second was a 75 motorhome engine and it was not.

Auto Transport Service
Back