• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1977 Chrysler Cordoba

This was my 300 I was restoring that was stolen. I still have title. If anyone comes across VIN SS22L9R250662, that car is hot and is mine. It was probably parted out and long gone.

Chrysler300-Drivers-Side.jpeg

Chrysler300-Front.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes the bumper strips. I have found 1" x 1/4" rubber stripping by 3M self adhesive. I am going put that on where the bumper strips should be so my chrome doesn't get scuffed.
This car is weirdly equipped. It seems fully loaded but missing things like power trunk release and intermittent wipers. It has power everything else. I have decoded the fender tag. There were a couple codes it did t know what they were.
There was a laundry list of options on this model, even color-coded seat belts ! Back in the 70's, I walked into a Chrysler dealer to price a new one. After I checked alot of boxes... I walked out, since I couldn't afford it ! :eek: Here ya go...

@WileERobby
Straight out of the 1977 Brochure:
It says that Bumper protective rubber strips front/back are standard. Unless they mean just the 2 vertical front and back.

IMG_0279.jpeg

IMG_0278.jpeg

IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0276.jpeg

IMG_0275.jpeg

Last edited:
@WileERobby
Straight out of the 1977 Brochure:
It says that Bumper protective rubber strips front/back are standard. Unless they mean just the 2 vertical front and back.
You're not reading it correctly. Read again. Standard: front and rear bumper guards. Bumper guards are vertical guards, we used to install aftermarket guards by the dozens in the garage back then. "Additional Options" : bumper protective rub strips, front and rear. Those are the horizontal strips I mentioned previously.

Welcome to FBBO from Georgia.

I still wanna see inside.

Nice. I have always liked Cordobas, Mirada's, 300's and Magnums best from that era. It was as good as you could get in the late 70's.

Man, so many late 70's through today had some stupid names for cars....

@YY1
The doors and back trim have some yellowing that I am going to paint with vinyl paint. It wont clean up. That seems to be the only blemish in the interior

IMG_0304.jpeg

IMG_0305.jpeg

IMG_0310.jpeg

IMG_0318.jpeg

IMG_0334.jpeg

IMG_0329.jpeg

IMG_0323.jpeg

IMG_0317.jpeg

Last edited:
I personally didn't like the front end of 78-79 including the 300 because it made it look like a Ford LTD and T bird of the same era. The 75-77 had a Jaguar look.

@6PKRTSE
Reading the history of the name "Cordoba" it was actually first used by a model of Newport 1970 model. Then they made it its own line in 1975 and was a huge hit.

Wikipedia:
"The car was a success, with over 150,000 units sold in 1975, a sales year that was otherwise dismal for the company. Gauges, except the tachometer, were standard.[16] For the 1976 model year, sales increased slightly to 165,000. The mildly revised 1977 version also sold well, with just under 140,000 cars. The success of using the Chrysler nameplate strategy is contrasted to the far fewer sales of its similar and somewhat cheaper corporate cousin, the Dodge Charger SE.[17][18]"

Last edited:
I personally didn't like the front end of 78-79 including the 300 because it made it look like a Ford LTD and T bird of the same era. The 75-77 had a Jaguar look.

Reading the history of the name "Cordoba" it was actually first used by a model of Newport 1970 model. Then they made it its own line in 1975 and was a huge hit.

Wikipedia:
"The car was a success, with over 150,000 units sold in 1975, a sales year that was otherwise dismal for the company. Gauges, except the tachometer, were standard.[16] For the 1976 model year, sales increased slightly to 165,000. The mildly revised 1977 version also sold well, with just under 140,000 cars. The success of using the Chrysler nameplate strategy is contrasted to the far fewer sales of its similar and somewhat cheaper corporate cousin, the Dodge Charger SE.[17][18]"
Supposedly, the Cordoba was Chryco's best selling model of the entire decade ?

They say Lee Iacocca saved Chrysler Corporation. But, I'd say Ricardo Montalban had a very huge impact on that, as well.

I was not fond of the 80-83 model but if Iacocca would have made that a convertible along with the Mirada and the 400 as a cheaper model, imagine the success

I saw online a Cordoba of my era as a convertible. What a sweet look!

I personally didn't like the front end of 78-79 including the 300 because it made it look like a Ford LTD and T bird AND MONTE CARLO, BUICK REGAL,GRAND PIX, CUTLASS, ETC.
Reading the history of the name "Cordoba" it was actually first used by a model of Newport 1970 model. The success of using the Chrysler nameplate strategy is contrasted to the far fewer sales of its similar and somewhat cheaper corporate cousin, the Dodge Charger SE.[17][18]"
Everybody had to get on the "square look" headlamp design of the late 70's. I've had both, like either way. A re-designed front, along with a new name "Magnum" was done simplv because people preferred a "Chrysler" for personal luxury.

Auto Transport Service
Back