• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1977 Chrysler Cordoba

Diesel01

Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
I recently purchased a cherry 77 Spinnaker White Chrysler Cordoba 400-4brl 77k original miles. It has a black dash/carpet with white Corinthian leather interior. It is loaded including a manual crank moon roof. It is like it was stored in a time capsule. It needs some TLC here and there. My first car was a 76 Cordoba I bought in 1983 but it was blue with a white top and cloth seats. I always wanted a Magnum but never could find one in good shape. I had a 79 300 that I was restoring but it was stolen so when this one came along over Christmas, I had to buy it. So far no buyer remorse and i get lots of compliments even guys asking my "Not For Sale Price".

Last edited:
IMG_0206.jpeg

IMG_0215.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice.

Red inside?

Oops, I see it's white.

Interesting.

Welcome. Looks to have been very well preserved. Take good care of her :thumbsup:

One weird thing with it is that it has no Nerf rubber bumper guards front or back. There are just chrome carriage bolts. From what I see there should be at least 4 holes in the middle front where the Nerf guard bolts on. Only Nerf padding is the 2 verticle guards.

One weird thing with it is that it has no Nerf rubber bumper guards front or back. There are just chrome carriage bolts. From what I see there should be at least 4 holes in the middle front where the Nerf guard bolts on. Only Nerf padding is the 2 verticle guards.
Beauty ! Congrats on a nice find, this is the way to get into the hobby inexpensively. You do have 2 bumper guards, front and back. Are you referring to bumper strips ? They're not std equipment on that car.

Yes the bumper strips. I have found 1" x 1/4" rubber stripping by 3M self adhesive. I am going put that on where the bumper strips should be so my chrome doesn't get scuffed.

This car is weirdly equipped. It seems fully loaded but missing things like power trunk release and intermittent wipers. It has power everything else. I have decoded the fender tag. There were a couple codes it did t know what they were.

IMG_0274.jpeg

Welcome from NY.
I think I can smell the Corinthian leather from here:poke:

"You made a time machine out of a Cordoba?"

"Yes, the Rich Corinthian Leather caused equal distribution of the flux dispersal..."

I have to say to me the ride of the torsion bars and leaf springs, advertised as "Torsion Quiet Ride", aren't like any ride today. Those leather seats are so comfortable. I thought the leather in my Durango R/T nice.

I also like how they marketed it as "The Small Chrysler". It is almost as long as my RAM 2500 Cummins and longer than my Durango.

Last edited:
Welcome from cloudy cold IL. Congrats on finding your Cordoba! I'm looking forward to spring so I can get my Magnum out.
Nice Cordobas are hard to find now which is sort of surprising. I was looking for a T top Magnum or Cordoba for a while for a inexpensive comfortable cruiser. I finally lucked out and found a Magnum to buy, but had really expected to see a lot of Cordobas on the market since Chrysler sold a ton of them.
You are correct about how big they are. I have several Challengers and my Magnum dwarfs the other cars out in my garage. I often bang my leg on the bumper guards when getting things in my garage stored near that car! That has been about the only downside I've found with the car since I got it. I think it gets more attention than my Challengers at shows and cruise nights!

I bought mine from a collector. He was downsizing to concentrate on Imperials only. He had 3-77s listed with mine in the best overall condition and most options and 1-78. The 77s sold within 3 weeks.

I found a 78 Magnum before I found the Cordoba in very nice shape as well but was already sold.

I figured mine was sold when I enquired but lucked out. Magnums and Cordobas seem to sell fast when in good condition.

It has a nice Kenwood stereo with an amp and subwoofers in the trunk. I have been blasting "Love Shack". "I got me a Chrysler. It's as big as a whale and about to set sail!"

However, it doesnt seat 20.

Last edited:
I am surprised my teenage daughter likes it and is always asking, "Can we take the Cordoba out?"

She was watching a Nickelodeon cartoon Angry Beavers. The bear on there said, "You are as cool as Corinthian Leather and a Landau top". She is probably the only kid now that knows what that means!

This was my 1976 Cordoba, my first car in 1983. 400-4Brl Lean Burn that got 26mpg on the road. The tailpipe would be white after a 50 mile trip. Loved that car. Imagine LB now with an 8 speed transmission what milage we could get with the correct gearing.

IMG_0085.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg

IMG_0088.jpeg

IMG_0084.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back