• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1978 Dodge Monaco

Yes that's the taillight style. My Monaco is white with the Brougham Package. For the most part it's in really good shape the vinyl top is good except right where it meat the trunk area, so i will need to have it redone. The interior is in excellent shape. Only some surface rust around the wheel wells and a bit under the hood. Right behind the Ignition Module it rusted out thanks to the ignition module "gooping" out (I'm assuming) so I need to patch that hole up. For it's age it's pretty nice for sure.

welcome to FBBO

For what its worth and perhaps it will help out someone else:

1. A Spectra CR21A is a proper workable replacement for the factory tank on the 1978 Dodge Monaco. Some minor modifications are required for emissions but again very minor.
2. A Spectra FG93B sending unit will work on this car / tank. All the websites will say it wont and does require a bit of persuasion (i.e. a few minor tweaks to the bends with a tubing bender to make it match factory) but it fits the tank and has the proper impedance for the gauges. The FG93B has a 5/16" angled outlet that matches the output for the factory unit. It is lacking the 1/4" return line from the fuel filter at the fuel pump so I had to make a decision to eliminate the return line at this time.

Just wanted to share my findings with anyone that might have the same question in the future.

Creativity is a must when working on old cars when many of their parts are made out of unobtainium.

Hello, good evening, and welcome from a Brit in Utah!

I have a '78 Monaco 4 door as well!

Auto Transport Service
Back