• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1978 Plymouth Fury Cop Car with A38 and E86

or for a little more grand you can get an 440 police car which is what i would buy if a nice one comes along.

Perhaps you should do more realistic research....a "nice one" 440 police car is going to be a lot more than a grand. Again go on FCBO and do your research.

I think he means 'a little more money".

of course yeah thats what i wanted to say.

Keep in mind those factory coolers, at their newest, are 40 years old. Nothing you can't buy over the counter aftermarket and they'll probably do a better job. Personally I'd go efi 5.7 hemi but I don't know how easy it would be to pull that off in Germany. An extra gear wouldn't hurt, either.

Last year i spent a week in vegas and had a 2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat from fantasycarrentals there for one day.

WOW that's an amazing car, it has plenty of power and im sure it will perform great on the autobahn too. The best off all i feel its driving a lot like the old originals from the 70s. I like that very much. Oddly it looks like a new car and the interior is not very comfortable compared to the old cars. :)

Of course new engines even a 5.7 would be amazing but i do not have the possibility to make such a conversion on my own and do not have the money to pay someone to do it. i think at least here in germany that parts would be cheaper than paying someone to do it.

also i would like to keep the car as original as possible.
If i want a modern car, i can go and buy one. despite it being awesome to have a hellcat engine in a 70s car.

So the Whole idea behind buying a police car is to buy a turn key option for cheap.

The top speeds of the '69s were more about the weight and power, vs just the power. My '69 300 has a curb weight about 100lbs heavier than a loaded B body. God knows it wasn't the aerodynamics. Personal experience those cars get touchy at speeds over 130.
Also in case it wasn't noted - the Dana 60 was never offered in any C body. Even the earlier big block stick cars. The dana axle package mentioned is the 9 1/4, otherwise known as a Dana 44.

I have another question, the 75-78 fury/coronet/monaco are quite rare,l even more rare is a a38/e86 car.

I like the front of the 75 fury best.
As all of them seem to be the same car basically i want to know is the front interchangeable?

so can i put the 75 fury front on a 78 fury?

I kind of figured that listing would find it's way to this thread.

That is very similar to the 400 unmarked car I almost bought back around 1990.

its a nice car of course but im just looking for a 75-78 fury/coronet/monaco, maybe a 69 Polara.
I also really like the 61 Polara design wise but i think its not the perfect car for what i want to do with it. :)

its a nice car of course but im just looking for a 75-78 fury/coronet/monaco, maybe a 69 Polara.
I also really like the 61 Polara design wise but i think its not the perfect car for what i want to do with it. :)
If you see a nice mopar cop car from 1969 to 1978 that you like, then you better snap it up on the spot.

FWIW, my order of preference for cop cars is:
1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, & 1973 C bodies; and 1978 Fury.

I have stories on those C body state police cars with the 440; and a '69 383 Fury that might have been modified.:D:D:D

Good luck to you in your search.
:thumbsup:

2019 thread.

I wonder if he found something.

The search for one can be a long and winding road; and that's not a cop out. :D

Remember at one time you could get anything from Chrysler when ordering a new car. Time and time again cars show up that were factory "they never made that"..
Here is a strange one for you.1968 Valiant factory 4 door bucket seat car. Yes it showed it on the fender tag.View attachment 716379 View attachment 716380
Here is my factory bucket seat, console 1964 Dodge Polara 4-door hardtop. Canadian car with optional "Sport Package". This is not a Polara 500. Bucket seats do not fold ahead, so are meant for 4-door.

1964 Dodge.jpg scan0002%20(2)[1].jpg 1964 red Dodge interior.jpg 1964 red Dodge0002.jpg

Yep, My Valiant the seats didn't fold either.

Well this thread is already from 2019. This was before i bought my 69 charger.
I'm still a huge fan of these old american police cars but not actively looking for one right now. (Dont really have the space or money)

My favourite right now is the 1972 plymouth fury gran sedan with the big 285hp 440 special pursuit engine.
That car in green/green with the hideaway headlights just looks so cool and unique!

1972 plymouth fury gran sedan cool.jpg

1972%20Plymouth%20Police-11.jpg

My second favorite is the 1975-1976 Plymouth fury because i think it also looks great and its a b body!!!

IIRC, 4 door and truck/Ramcharger bucket seats got a solid (closed hole and non-movable) "release lever" without the release that kept them from folding forward.

Fairly straightforward conversion if you wanted to do that.

Well this thread is already from 2019. This was before i bought my 69 charger.
I'm still a huge fan of these old american police cars but not actively looking for one right now. (Dont really have the space or money)

My favourite right now is the 1972 plymouth fury gran sedan with the big 285hp 440 special pursuit engine.
That car in green/green with the hideaway headlights just looks so cool and unique!

View attachment 1089851

View attachment 1089853

My second favorite is the 1975-1976 Plymouth fury because i think it also looks great and its a b body!!!

'72 Fury!

tenor (13).gif

I got a 440 and tranny from a 78 Fury Police Interceptor? The 440 had the magnum cam and valve springs. Double roller timing chain and gears. A windage tray and a 402 oil pan and pick up. Cast crank. It was a lean burn ignition system. I may or may not have the tranny yet. It did have all the coolers and a 3 core rad. I seen the car the motor and trans came out of. The guy said it had a fast ratio steering box. I got this stuff in 1998. Don’t know or remember anything else about it. Kim

Auto Transport Service
Back