• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 Chrysler 300 Registry

Missed seeing this ad last year.

No VIN info.

T-top car @LS-300
Ad states 1 of 228 T-tops
I haven't seen one of these American Sunroof Corporation stickers until now.

$24,979 and only four pictures.

View attachment 1590908View attachment 1590909View attachment 1590911View attachment 1590912View attachment 1590913View attachment 1590914
I did not find the car ad on Basil Classics website, but found it here:

1979 Chrysler Cordoba for sale in Batavia, New York, New York
This is my car. I got it from Basil Classics. It wasn't as nice as they said it was, but I still bought it. The vehicle definitely has a repaint. Not a great quality one. I'll do that one day down the road. Along with an engine rebuild. As of now it's sitting in my garage safe and sound.

If anybody is looking for one Check out E-Bay. This one is in Hilton NY.
1979 Chrysler Cordoba CORDOBA 300 | eBay

Auction ended with a high bid of $5,150. There were 18 bidders.

Screenshot_20240117-175538~3.png

This is my car. I got it from Basil Classics. It wasn't as nice as they said it was, but I still bought it. The vehicle definitely has a repaint. Not a great quality one. I'll do that one day down the road. Along with an engine rebuild. As of now it's sitting in my garage safe and sound.
Lots to work with there though in my opinion. The interior seems complete and in fair shape. The trunk area looks a bit concerning. But I have started with worse that is for sure. Congrats!

I am on the hunt for replacement dual mufflers on mine at the moment. I have flow through mufflers at the moment and they are too loud for my wife to be able to sit in the car due to a nerve injury. What is everyone using for a performance sound but quieter at idle and no drone on the highway?

NOT MINE

This one from Facebook is being parted out.

VIN: SS22L9R194835

FB_IMG_1706449475308.jpg
FB_IMG_1706449485258.jpg

Last edited:
Was this on by chance in Washington State?
It used to be in Roy, Washington. I don't know where it's located now. I lost the link when I was downloading pictures. Poof gone!

Turns out I already posted the VIN:

Post in thread '1979 Chrysler 300 Registry' 1979 Chrysler 300 Registry

Hi! I'm new here, I just registered. But I'm not newbie with Mopars, I've had many and right now I have Charger 69 R/T with 6-71 blower and Plymouth Savoy 1959 "monster" 4x4 with 6-71 blower.

But, to my question. I have opportunity here in Finland to buy Chrysler 300 1979, with T-tops. It's pretty rare I know, but this one is something that I don't understand. I've known this car many years and now it's for sale. It was imported to Finland 2007 from USA, VIN number is SS22L9R198295. Here is one picture of it. What confuses me is, that what this car actually is? Because, like you can see there is these "options", that I haven't seen in any other 1979 Chrysler 300, well, in Finland I guess this is only one of these anyway. But I tried to google, and I can't find anything like this. Please help me! These are those "extra options":
- Some extra fender wideners (sorry I don't know correct English word for those, but you can see those from picture)
- Hood scoop, "Ram Air" style, so there is hole on the hood and rubber gaskets towards air cleaner base, so it is functional
- Those small side windows "grids" (I don't know correct word)
- Front fender "air holes" are different than in stock 1979 300

Are these some factory special options you could choose? Or are those some dealer options? Or is it just, that somebody made those by his/her own? This is what I want to know. Looks to me very good with these extras, gives some testosterone for the look. And what I tried to inspect all those parts, all seemed done like in factory, so no any "self made" marks evidences wasn't found. What is this, tell me please, I'm sure you guys know :thumbsup:

c3001979a.jpg

c3001979b.jpg

c3001979c.jpg

c3001979d.jpg

some one put the hood scope on the fender flairs are off a 79 dodge magnum

some one put the hood scope on the fender flairs are off a 79 dodge magnum

You're right, so it looks. Also those small side window "grills" are from Magnum now when I look Magnum pictures. So actually only that scoop and front fender gills are something different, but those propably are some after market items?

Hi! I'm new here, I just registered. But I'm not newbie with Mopars, I've had many and right now I have Charger 69 R/T with 6-71 blower and Plymouth Savoy 1959 "monster" 4x4 with 6-71 blower.

But, to my question. I have opportunity here in Finland to buy Chrysler 300 1979, with T-tops. It's pretty rare I know, but this one is something that I don't understand. I've known this car many years and now it's for sale. It was imported to Finland 2007 from USA, VIN number is SS22L9R198295. Here is one picture of it. What confuses me is, that what this car actually is? Because, like you can see there is these "options", that I haven't seen in any other 1979 Chrysler 300, well, in Finland I guess this is only one of these anyway. But I tried to google, and I can't find anything like this. Please help me! These are those "extra options":
- Some extra fender wideners (sorry I don't know correct English word for those, but you can see those from picture)
- Hood scoop, "Ram Air" style, so there is hole on the hood and rubber gaskets towards air cleaner base, so it is functional
- Those small side windows "grids" (I don't know correct word)
- Front fender "air holes" are different than in stock 1979 300

Are these some factory special options you could choose? Or are those some dealer options? Or is it just, that somebody made those by his/her own? This is what I want to know. Looks to me very good with these extras, gives some testosterone for the look. And what I tried to inspect all those parts, all seemed done like in factory, so no any "self made" marks evidences wasn't found. What is this, tell me please, I'm sure you guys know :thumbsup:

View attachment 1606892

View attachment 1606893

View attachment 1606894

View attachment 1606895
Thank you for posting
VIN SS22L9R198295

SS22L9R means it is 1979 Chrysler Cordoba 2 door specialty hardtop. That is a mouthful to say and so most people will call it a 1979 Chrysler 300.

The 1979 Chrysler 300 cars did not come with the following items I see in the pictures you posted:
1) Any type of hood scoop, functional or otherwise. That one looks like it was nicely done; scoop and hood cutout.
2) the air cleaner assembly has been modified to accommodate the hood scoop.
3) Wheel well flares. Those were available on some Dodge Magnum models.
4) decorative, rear quarter window grille. Does this car have "300" on the rear quarter glass? Some people will say the "300" is etched into the glass. It is not an etching.
5) the half vinyl top. 1979 Chrysler 300 cars did not come with any type of vinyl top.
6) Straight chromed tailpipe exits/tips. The factory units were plain "turn downs".
7) The wheels and tires. Those are nice-looking wheels though.
8) the fender openings. The 1979 Chrysler 300 came with three (3) body colored, decorative louvers on each front fender.
9) window tint film.

Other comments:
10) The factory red and blue pinstripes are missing. Maybe the car has been repainted.
11) The factory red/white/blue medallions are missing. They were removed when the prior owner added the rear quarter window grilles and vinyl top.
12) Do the taillight lenses have the factory "300" medallion"?
13) Are one or two fender tags still in place on the driver's fender? The sales codes and VIN will be on the tag(s).
14) Is there still a VIN decal/sticker still in place on the back face of the driver's door? You will have to open the door to see it. The sticker will identify the month and calendar year the car was made, the gross vehicle weight, the VIN, and MDH (Month, Day, Hour).
15) The 1979 Chrysler could be ordered with the optional sunroof or optional T-top (Sales Code M55 T Bar Roof), but the actual work was performed by American Sunroof Company (ASC). It is possible this car has an ASC sticker near the VIN sticker I mentioned in "14)" above.
16) Yes, a 1979 Chrysler 300 with either the sunroof or T-top factory option are rare. Not many came with either one. I have not seen any "official" documentation on how many.
17) Post some picture(s) of the fender tag(s) and I can decipher the sales codes for you. A car with two (2) fender tags means it was built with many options.

when i went to the dealer to order my 300 i wanted a sunroof they sented the car out locally to have the sunroof done

NOT MINE

Car is in Oro-Medonte, Ontario Canada
Came from Florida
Originally Spinnaker White

Facebook listing is 3 months old

Screenshot_20240212-082424~2.png

Screenshot_20240212-084428~2.png

Screenshot_20240212-082456~2.png
Screenshot_20240212-082508~2.png
Screenshot_20240212-082519~2.png
Screenshot_20240212-082533~2.png
Screenshot_20240212-082544~2.png

1979 Chrysler 300

This one will take quite a bit of work to be put back to what it should be. What was someone thinking?

Here is another ASC label from a '79 300 with T-top (T Bar roof). Looks like it has "6-79" handwritten for the alteration date.

FB_IMG_1707766693621.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back