• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1979 Chrysler Cordoba

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetmachine

Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello. I'm buying back one of my old Mopars I used to own when younger and need to make room hence, why this car is for sale. The car is a 1979 Cordoba in Frost Blue Metallic with Midnight Blue leather interior and white top/stripe.

Engine: The car has it's original engine with a few upgrades which include an Edelbrock Performer Intake, Mopar Electronic Ignition Conversion, 340 style camshaft, Thermoquad Carburetor, and dual exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflo Stainless Mufflers. The car retains a factory 4bbl Lean Burn air cleaner but, there is no Lean Burn on this car.

Transmission: It is the factory unit which is a rebuilt A999 (904 variant) with fresh fluid/filter change done on it. There is no shift kit.

Rear Axle: It has the factory 8.25 rear with 2.45 gears. The tag with the gear ratio is still on the rear cover. The rear differential just received fresh fluid as well. When I bought the car, I had new rear axle shoes and brake shoes installed.

Other mentions/upgrades: The car has an electric fan in front to aid with extra cooling when the A/C engaged. The car also has an upgraded electronic turn signal flasher, horn relay, instrument cluster voltage limiter, led dash bulbs, and power window relay. The also has an aftermarket JVC CD Player and the prior owner did have Sirius setup in the car has the adapter on the ashtray. I also just had four brand new tires installed last month to replace the 6 year old tires.

Body: The body is in decent shape and has been repainted at one point. The car is solid with the worst part being that is some minor blistering on the passenger quarter panel above the wheel trim. As to be expected with a "driver quality" there is some paint chips and nicks here and there. The frame rails and K-Member area is solid. Floor pans are solid as well. The other issue is that the rear bumper has some minor rust around the passenger side backup light. Other than that, this is a solid car.

The other things I'm going to mention is that the suspension has been gone through and has newer bushings, leaf springs, shocks, etc. The interior is in good shape with the dashpad not having any cracks.

The last thing I'm going to mention is that I have a lot of NOS/Used parts for this car. The list is too big for this post as I have wrote enough. I have things like NOS seat material, dashpad, bumper, hubcaps, etc. I would like to sell all the stuff with the car so that the next owner has spare parts in case they are ever needed and some of this stuff is pretty hard to find. I'd say the value of the parts is around $4k-5k. I have the receipts for some of the parts.

Anyways, as for the price and location. If I sold the car without the parts I'll start at $4k or best reasonable offer. With the parts, I'll start at $6k or best reasonable offer. The car and parts are located near Kokomo, Indiana. I'll add more photos later but, start with a few basic ones. Thank you.

79cordoba2.jpg 79cordoba3.jpg Cordoba4.jpg Cordoba5.jpg Cordoba6.jpg

Here is some more photos. One of the blistering and some of underneath. There is some surface rust underneath but, pretty solid.

IMG_0831.JPG IMG_0833.JPG IMG_0834.JPG IMG_0859.JPG

Couple of other quick mentions. I also have a factory service manual and parts catalog available to go with the car. I also just changed the oil using Brad Penn 10w30 and using a NAPA Gold Filter. I also have a Word Document that lists some of the parts I've purchased since I've owned the car but, don't contain all the parts I have as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back